Worcester 15/19 Heatslave no HW or CH Water

Erm ! Who said the new pump could be faulty??? :confused: :rolleyes: :evil:

Kelvin wrote
Yes I can hear the flow switch click & yes the pump is spinning checked via centre nut, the oil boiler is 11 years old, there was some colouring in the CH water but no slug in the water, prior to changing the pump, the system performed very good, we only needed to set the dials at about a quarter to get good hot water, also the water in West Wales is very soft so I wouldn't expect to see any blockages.

Thanks to all.

Kelvin :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Just because the pump shaft is spinning is no indication that the pump is actually moving water!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
He is too busy cruising around in his motor!! (offering a free ride indeed!)

I prefer my Aston Marton DB9 thank -you!! ;)

Hi Guys,

Yeah the pump is faulty I run a cable direct from a wall socket & the motor is as dead as a dodo, the pump is made by this company http://www.circulatingpumps.net/ I should have a replacement pump by Tuesday so I'll update you all then.

Than you all for you support help & advice.

Kelvin

You say the pump was spinning and now you say the pump is dead :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :?: . Tip, get yourself a grunfoss. ;) ;)

Hi Kelvin
Sorry for the desertion, been away for the weekend and just picked this one up.....
So the new pump was a dud? :eek: That would catch everyone out for a bit - I've never had a new one dud personally but Grundfos is the pump to buy.
Sounds like you've cracked it so well done and have several large beers!
Best wishes
John :D
PS I wonder what the Cobra would do against my Blackbird? 168 BHP and 190 mph :cool: :p

Hi All,

Success the new pump is fitted & running OK, although that said while I was testing everything I found the micro switch on the diverter valve wasn't working correctly, in my 1st post on this thread I mentioned that I had changed the diverter about 18 months ago (Honeywell V4044F), it's not a very well designed powerhead PLEASE before buying anything check that your micro switch is opening & closing the circuit when you move the lever between manual & auto, a bit of fiddling but I've repaired the powerhead from 18 months ago & that will be fitted in the morning.

John I trust you had a nice weekend seeing you mention a "Blackbird? 168 BHP & 190 mph" did you go to the BSB last weekend, that's a great bike but if I was doing 190mph I think I would rather be on 4 round black things than 2 of them, one of the many good things about living down here is the great roads there are around here for driving.

Seriously guys I can't thank all of you enough for all the help you have freely given you guys helped to keep my sanity.

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin
Seems like things are approaching something like normality :D and we're delighted to hear that!
Can you tell me the symptom of the microswitch being duff or sluggish? I've got a new diverter in stock for mine (not needed it yet) and I put a new power head on last year (plenty of heating but no HW).....interested to hear your findings!
Its a grand little burner that these boilers have, too.
Regards
John :)

welshcob";p="2134782 said:
Hi All,

I found the micro switch on the diverter valve wasn't working correctly, in my 1st post on this thread I mentioned that I had changed the diverter about 18 months ago (Honeywell V4044F), it's not a very well designed powerhead PLEASE before buying anything check that your micro switch is opening & closing the circuit when you move the lever between manual & auto,

Moving the manual lever will not operate the microswitch. The lever is there to open both ports of the valve when filling the boiler. Also, until the head is on a valve, it will not operate properly as there is no load to position the quadrant to the motor dog. If you think the V4044F is bad, you've not seen the cartridge valves used on the later models!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back