Would a car radiator fan work better if it didnt blow the hot air back on the engine?

My money would be on the radiator, but confess to having zero knowledge of that specific breed .. more used to larger pre-1990's cars, but the principles of cooling systems remain largely unchanged.

Sponsored Links
My money would be on the radiator, but confess to having zero knowledge of that specific breed .. more used to larger pre-1990's cars, but the principles of cooling systems remain largely unchanged.
Not dismissing the possibility but if the thermostat opens, and the pump is circulating the water, and the radiator isn't leaking, I don't see it causing overheating, especially if the engine hasn't fully warmed up (gauge showing zero, but agree that could be a red herring)

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your help, I can feel the top hose gradually getting warmer
Could it have an air lock in it?

Lets not get too carried away here.....
The radiator will be cool, but once the thermostat opens the heat should surge through......often the stats are in the bottom of the engine these days.
If the system needs bleeding, there will be a plastic screw on the top corner of the rad, in true Suzuki fashion.
Check all of the hoses for bleed points too - often a screwdriver slot type on the heater top hose.
If the car is kicking the coolant out and it's bubbling then there are further issues.
From the top radiator cap there could be a rubber hose, leading to the expansion bottle. The liquid in the expansion bottle must be above the bottom of this hose, so that liquid can come out of the radiator and then back again - a two way rad filler cap allows this.
Can you confirm this please?
John :)

17263086814086140270961004912882.jpg

There is a small rubber tube just below the radiator cap.
The expansion bottle is a bit lower than that.

It's the expansion bottle that steam seems to splatter out of

OK, thanks for the pics!
Keep the level of liquid in the expansion bottle exactly as it should be.
Is there any sign of oil in there?
So, we have an expansion problem, so either the coolant isn't circulating for one reason or another or maybe the cylinder head gasket has failed.
However, the radiator is meant to maintain a high pressure of 14psi. It can only do this if the radiator fill cap is good and it's rubber seals are intact.
Any comment on this? A pic of it would be good too!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back