Yes, I'm A Sad Git

Don't under estimate how many.

This comes up every time they talk of moving the mot to 2 yearly.
Indeed. I've always been opposed to reduced frequency MOTs. Have you seen some of the "customer states" videos on YouTube? There's some shocking stuff in America, because they don't have MOTs. They're the best argument for an MOT test, ever!

Sponsored Links
Here's a thought - increase the mandatory interval, and introduce an optional 6-month one. Any failure at any test incurs a fine if the previous test was more than 6 months prior, and the fine increases the longer ago the previous test was.

Here's a thought - increase the mandatory interval, and introduce an optional 6-month one. Any failure at any test incurs a fine if the previous test was more than 6 months prior, and the fine increases the longer ago the previous test was.
Why change a system that works though.

It's not perfect, but it's effective

My E-class had a rear subframe that was corroded.

Design flaw causes them to rust from the inside - by the time it's visible on the outside it's pretty rotten. The guy who does the servicing alerted me.

Replaced FOC by MB, but in the meantime it had passed its MOT....:unsure:

Sponsored Links
I've certainly seen things that should have failed, pass an MOT. However, by and large, it seems to work OK. I think there are areas where it could be strengthened (emissions testing at MOT is a very low bar), but I'd sooner have it than not.

Back