15 amp sockets

ZenStalinist said:
As for whether it has a switching power supply I don't know, but my educated guess would be no. It has various lumps of transformers.

I would think your right there Zen..Adam too. This is not an area I have any real knowledge about as I don't deal with it.....so I started to look into things a bit being a curious git. It would appear all the cheapo gear has switched mode PSU's, but the quality stuff, including my amp, still uses good old fashioned auto transformers.

So as Kendor said originally, assume the worst power drain and install accordingly.

Sponsored Links
most theater spots are 1K or 2K and i think larger ones are whole numbers of kilowatts

13A 15A and 16A are all between 3K and 4K so they are all suitable for a 3K light and none of them are suitable for a 4K light

the nuffield theater for example has mostly 15A sockets on 2KW dimmers but has a few 5KW dimmers which i belive are terminated in 32A CEE waterproof connectors

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back