1st Labour Tory blow up

and no CGT. They do however tax foreigners. I pay withholding tax on certain off-shore investments. I then pay income tax again (minus the withholding).

Sponsored Links
There method is more progressive and they have been proud that the poorer end do not contribute much Mind you Trump did mess with numbers and not sure if these are included as it was for a limited period. Higher earner area. There are also different rules for heads of households and married couples if they choose to file that way.

Is CG income in the US? Pass I have no idea.

There needn't be steps Any curve could be used. Steps or whatever they have to be fitted to the salary spectrum. I don't see it happening in the UK as I suspect some would find themselves paying more but it does allow taxation to be tied to the ability to pay and in some ways relate it to living coats. However fact is nothing is ever simple.

LOL Interesting that $45k is seen as relatively poor.

Is CG income in the US? Pass I have no idea.
Short-term capital gains taxes are paid at the same rate as you'd pay on your ordinary income, such as wages from a job. Long-term capital gains tax is a tax applied to assets held for more than a year. The long-term capital gains tax rates are 0 percent, 15 percent and 20 percent, depending on your income.

LOL :) I should mention that the chart I posted may not be up to date. I just wanted to illustrate a principle.

Sponsored Links
Chuffin eck, you've gone back 18 years now. :rolleyes:
Did you start at the end and work backwards?
Or did you start at the beginning and work forwards? :giggle:
#76 for an explanation, not that I owe you one, just to shut you up.

#76 for an explanation, not that I owe you one, just to shut you up.
You believe that people are not allowed to adjust their political affiliations in 18 years?
So there's no such thing as a floating voter? :rolleyes:

You believe that people are not allowed to adjust their political affiliations in 18 years?
So there's no such thing as a floating voter? :rolleyes:
What has tax avoidance to do with politics? If he's a "tax dodger" he's a tax dodger. No different to the other "tax dodgers" he calls out who avoid tax. Just that they can avoid more tax because they have more earnings. Johnny doesn’t like that.

What has tax avoidance to do with politics? If he's a "tax dodger" he's a tax dodger. No different to the other "tax dodgers" he calls out who avoid tax. Just that they can avoid more tax because they have more earnings. Johnny doesn’t like that.
He's entitled to adjust his willingness to contribute to the nations income.
It could depend on his view of how his taxes are being spent.

He avoided tax by milking the tax system and was proud of it. Nowdays he professes a strong dislike to those that avoid tax. Hypocrite.

JohnD the hypocrite tax dodger. :ROFLMAO:
It depends on a person's position and income. If they feel they're being taxed unfairly, they might look for legal tax allowances.
Later in life their world view may have changed. it's not unusual.

I’ve told ya - stop sucking up and making excuses for Johnny boy.
I'm not defending anyone, just pointing out the obvious that people change.
Can you tell the forum that you still have the political and economic outlook that you had as a teenager?

Sponsored Links
Back