Abacus is back

The Conservative party is pursuing an “ostrich strategy” on Facebook, spending almost all of its ad budget since the beginning of the year in constituencies that were once marginal but are now looking more like surefire losses, Guardian analysis shows. The strategy is known within the party as the “80/20” approach, in which it focuses all its spending on the 80 seats it came closest to losing in 2019 and the 20 seats it came closest to winning. Ad spending reports on Facebook show that these constituencies are exactly where the party is funnelling its money. More than half of the party’s spending on the social network since January has gone to its 80 tightest seats, or to seats it does not hold at all.

8-2 odds are not a good omen for success. The Tories have simply stuck their heads in a hole and hoped for the best.:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
The 2019 Tory win was built on the Brexit con

It was inevitable it would end in disaster for the party.
No it was having a charismatic leader, who connected with people vs. an old bloke who looked a bit shifty. Given the gap between Tory and Labour policy wise is tiny, it's very much about the character of the leaders.

Many will not want to vote Sunak, because he is a "rich foreigner" just as many wont want to vote for Starmer because "a untrustworthy lawyer".

Tories sacked their plan A without a decent plan B, just as Labour "accidentally" let Corbyn take the lead and suffered disaster, Sunak is on a similar path.

Sponsored Links
The great Tory majority success lasted as long as it took for the realisation of Brexit to set in.
Well we'll just have to wait and see about that, won’t we? I wouldn’t go counting your chickens just yet.

Well we'll just have to wait and see about that, won’t we? I wouldn’t go counting your chickens just yet.
I agree. 24 hours is a long time, in politics. I'm pointing how shịt the Tories are presently, rather than bigging up Labour

I agree. 24 hours is a long time, in politics. I'm pointing how shịt the Tories are presently, rather than bigging up Labour
You can find no fault or have any suspicions or concerns about a Labour controlled parliament?

Boris Johnson wouldnt appeal to any voter with morals
MBK is still in mourning and still holds a candle until his return. A Boris horn-smoker to the bitter end.
Lying scum? What idiots weep for that?
Apart from morons and those in the hope of a bung, what sort of voter would Bozza appeal to?
Does he appeal to you?

You know exactly what he is like, you can't deny that.
Boris Johnson wouldnt appeal to any voter with morals
Obviously he was never going to appeal to a voter such as yourself.
plural

Sponsored Links
Back