Another stupid student.

Sponsored Links
Not wrong at all having a continually rising debt in the tens and tens of thousand will effect their ability to get a loan . Have you not noticed how hard it is for some to get a mortgage now even with no debt

You said it would appear on their credit score.

It was an extremely simple thing to check.
Not extremely simple enough for you though.

You're now shifting around, to try and appear right.

You were wrong. Just accept so.

I think people are missing the point -in my opinion its not meant to be paid off - its an added tax for 30 years. Most of them will never be paid off or even anywhere near. If they wanted you to actually pay it off then it would be interest free.

I think people are missing the point -in my opinion its not meant to be paid off - its an added tax for 30 years. Most of them will never be paid off or even anywhere near. If they wanted you to actually pay it off then it would be interest free.
Not quite, but close...

A tuition fee debt has been arranged financially wise so that it is classed as an asset to the UK...

Thus hiding an even worse national debt!

Student tuition fee outstanding debt forecast to hit £500bn next decade (a conservative estimate) but it doesn't appear on the balance sheets, and yet there are calls now to increase fees further!

Linky Linky

"Higher tuition fees and direct government funding are needed to halt a growing deficit in England, a group of 141 UK universities says.
A fee rise linked to inflation and more government investment would ensure the sector “does not slide into decline”

In effect introducing fees instead of public funding (which is the cheaper option) hasn't done anything but screw up the UK's tertiary education system...

Whilst making a lot of money for the few, and indebting the majority for the rest of their lives!

Sponsored Links
You said it would appear on their credit score.

It was an extremely simple thing to check.
Not extremely simple enough for you though.

You're now shifting around, to try and appear right.

You were wrong. Just accept so.
I also said it could result in them struggling to get a loan which was the main point that you seem to be struggling with

Poor gas112, always wrong:

“We've mentioned that your student loan won't appear on your credit report, so it won't help or hinder your credit score in a direct way.”
You do realise that it's not just credit score they look at you have to list ALL out goings and debts when applying for a mortgage etc which was my point do keep up

There I was, a-digging this hole
A hole in the ground, so big and sort of round it was
There was I, digging it deep
It was flat at at the bottom and the sides were steep
When along, comes this bloke in a bowler which he lifted and scratched his head
Well we looked down the hole, poor demented soul and he said
Do you mind if I make a suggestion?
Don′t dig there, dig it elsewher

Do foreign students get free university places and accommodation? There seems to be an awful lot of them coming here to study so it’s good value for some people. How can they afford it but our students can’t? Perhaps they just come here to learn and not play about?

I also said it could result in them struggling to get a loan which was the main point that you seem to be struggling with

No struggle from me, only you.

This is a thread about student debt.

You were wrong, on an easily - checked point.

On the wider point, well d'uh: having less disposable means you can borrow less.
Which is no worse for that being due to a student loan.

Just give it up.

No struggle from me, only you.

This is a thread about student debt.

You were wrong, on an easily - checked point.

On the wider point, well d'uh: having less disposable means you can borrow less.
Which is no worse for that being due to a student loan.

Just give it up.
A growing debt that your not paying off is obviously worse... so yep just give up

not true

if dont earn much you dont pay it off, the govt just let you off
If you don't earn much you have no hope of progressing...

If you earn a medium amount you are paying an extra tax and have no hope of progressing...

It's only if you are rich to start with and can pay up front can you progress...

It's a control system that is pretty much unique in Europe, because more civilised countries value their people and give all a chance to progress!

After my A'levels I spent about 6 months as a lift engineer's mate. I took a year out after my first year of uni because of glandular fever. I worked for a cabinet maker for 8 months.

I am however going to be forever indebted to my uni/poly because they taught me how to question things and how to learn independently. My first semester, we had to read the likes of Plato/Socrates, Adam Smith and Machiavelli. Initially I didn't understand why (then), now in the world of social media, it makes perfect sense. I was taught how to fact check.

Don't you think a university education is wasted, if you only do a fairly manual job, such as decorating?

In my youth, I simply never got the opportunity - it essentially, leave school and get a job. Only much later did I update my skill level at university, as a mature student.

Sponsored Links
Back