At last, someone locked up for life!!!

Were you?
What is your information based on?
I got the photo from the Manchester Evening News, which says, in the caption beneath the photo, that the crowd is outside Strangeways before the execution:

You got the photo from the Manchester Mill which also says, in the caption beneath the photo, that the crowd is outside Strangeways:

You seem to have read the sentence immediately above the photo and taken it as the explanation of the photo. I can clearly see that you have made a mistake, but I won't hold it against you. I certainly won't accuse you of misrepresenting the facts as you did to me.

Sponsored Links
If his dog barked at a gypsy, why would he misrepresent the situation and say it barked at a postman?
Because if his dog attacked a child, a woman, a postman, the forum would have been in uproar.
So he described the incident as his dog attacking a gypsy, in order to gain the sympathy and support of the forum.
See the subtle difference?

So the overarching issue is two fold:
1. His dog is a dangerous dog out of control. Normally the forum, in general, would issue severe condemnation on such issues.
2. His dog attacked a gypsy, which was considered acceptable by the forum, in general.

You see how some posters twist their anecdotes to suit the culture if their peers, to seek not only acceptance and praise, but even to avoid the condemnation that would normally accompany such issues.
There have been many such anecdotes twisted and represented, not only in this forum, but also in media in general.
Sadly, a lot of gullible people for such disingenuity in social media. In fact, some people's world view is based on such disingenuity.

Last edited:
Transam would need to carefully consider the evidence if she is found guilty ?
With your short attention span?

Graveyards would quickly fill with the innocent, on the say-so of a failed plumber-cum-politician. Stick to renovating American tat boyo. :rolleyes:

Graveyards would quickly fill with the innocent, on the say-so of a failed plumber-cum-politician. Stick to renovating American tat boyo. :rolleyes:
In that case, how would it be for Adnan Sayed? Jailed in 1999 and only recently released after a podcast showed how he'd been wrongfully imprisoned. If the death penalty had been enforced what would it matter to him if new evidence showed he was innocent?

Sponsored Links

Er no Noseall

My attention span would not be short over some thing as serious as this

Transam would way up the evidence and when there is no doubt they would be bumped off

Transam would accept full responsibility :cool:

Er no Noseall

My attention span would not be short over some thing as serious as this

Transam would way up the evidence and when there is no doubt they would be bumped off

Transam would accept full responsibility :cool:
As in you'd be willing to be executed if you made a mistake?

Even if it was because someone else has lied to you?

Because if his dog attacked a child, a woman, a postman, the forum would have been in uproar.
So he described the incident as his dog attacking a gypsy, in order to gain the sympathy and support of the forum.
See the subtle difference?

So the overarching issue is two fold:
1. His dog is a dangerous dog out of control. Normally the forum, in general, would issue severe condemnation on such issues.
2. His dog attacked a gypsy, which was considered acceptable by the forum, in general.

You see how some posters twist their anecdotes to suit the culture if their peers, to seek not only acceptance and praise, but even to avoid the condemnation that would normally accompany such issues.
There have been many such anecdotes twisted and represented, not only in this forum, but also in media in general.
Sadly, a lot of gullible people for such disingenuity in social media. In fact, some people's world view is based on such disingenuity.

The dog didn't attack a gypsy, it barked at him.

The dog didn't attack a gypsy, it barked at him.
Harry's post said something like "the dog tore out of the house, and the gypsy only just made it to the gate before the dog...."
That sounds very much like the dog would have attacked him if the gypsy had been a child or an old person who might have been a bit slower. It was the response of the gypsy that meant the dog did not attack, not the ability of the owner to control the dog, nor the friendly nature of the dog.

Harry also went on to say it was the commotion that alerted him to the situation. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the gypsy barking. :rolleyes:
Harry also presented the 'anecdote' as a dog whistle type post.
If the visitor had been a child, an old person, a couple of Jehovah Witnesses, etc, do you think the dog has the ability to differentiate between those, to decide who to bark at, who to attack, and for whom to roll over for a tummy tickle? :rolleyes:

Well that fruit cake who killed 17 school children in the states 4 years
Ago (?) has escaped
The death penalty

Some of the parents of the murdered children are not happy?

Afai am concerned given his crime he should have been bumped off straight after the verdict of guilty

Afai am concerned given his crime he should have been bumped off straight after the verdict of guilty
But which by default makes you complicit in another murder...

So what do we do with you given that philosophy of yours?

An 'eye for an eye', remember!

But which by default makes you complicit in another murder...

So what do we do with you given that philosophy of yours?

An 'eye for an eye', remember!

Nonsense the fruit cake walked into a school and killed 17 people

Guilty as charged

Due process

Than

Make him squirm and beg
He would know the meaning of fear and terror

Before he was bumped off and good riddance to bad rubbish

Sponsored Links
Back