Barmy Trump

Im not sure thats true

I am not an MMT advocate, but of all the worlds currencies the Dollar is the one that can do MMT because it is the worlds reserve currency.

America has quite a lot of scope to simply create money and never pay it back, provided the govt makes good use of the money with infrastructure projects, the huge debt isnt a problem

MMT use in the UK is not quite a straightforward, creating loads of money weakens the pound causing inflation
The jury is still out on how much the dollarists can get away with just printing more. Yes ok for a while, yes ok for a short period (furlough), but there have been a few episodes around the world in history where things have gone wrong, and the analyses are autopsies.
Inflation helps get you forward by shrinking the debt, but the medicine becomes the poison. Part of the mechanism is bond issuance, but inflation-linked ones (TIPS etc) are the fashion. Oops.
The bond yield curve is resolutely reversed. Does that matter?
China and the other BRICS countries are a significant group which could do something significant. Say the dollar gets a bit weak or variable - they switch to the Yuan for trading, for example. They're meeting right now. Who's leading it? Putin.
The whole US posterboy chips boom currently driving the biggest names on the stock market (Apple, Google, Meta, Nvidia Msoft etc) balances on the ability of one plant in Holland's machines, which use ultra short wave UV to make the world's smallest and fastest semiconductors. Nobody else in the world can do that, but it's a precarious advantage which could be toppled.
Or there could be a war.
MMT relies on a stable applecart. No guarantee of that.

Buy gold?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I bet you voted for brexit to get rid of red tape.....except that brexit massively increased red tape
There you go making stuff up again in your own head. -I bet you voted brexit because you believed what you were being told. What has you voting for brexit got to do with elon musk rockets.
And its not me having a guess - its what Elon himself has said

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There you go making stuff up again in your own head. -I bet you voted brexit because you believed what you were being told. What has you voting for brexit got to do with elon musk rockets.
And its not me having a guess - its what Elon himself has said
Go on then. What red tape exactly?

Or just because musk has said it, it must be true ?

He's a close 2nd to Trump in my book

Go on then. What red tape exactly?
Or just because musk has said it, it must be true ?
He's a close 2nd to Trump in my book
I dont know what red tape - its not me saying it - its musk -ask him or google it yourself. Im just telling you what he has said. He thinks there is too much red tape and that trump will help him in this respect. I offered it as a reason that musk supports trump - because its something he has said.
Another one making stuff up in his head. I never suggested Musk is right and its true because he said it.
Why do you hate musk.

Here you are - I googled it for you. https://spaceanddefense.io/musk-says-red-tape-threatens-to-choke-mars-missions/

Last edited:

"

Whitfield County Board of Elections later released a statement assuring voters the voting machine irregularity “was quickly resolved.”​

So admitting they were not working correctly

I dont know what red tape - its not me saying it - its musk -ask him or google it yourself. Im just telling you what he has said. He thinks there is too much red tape and that trump will help him in this respect. I offered it as a reason that musk supports trump - because its something he has said.
Another one making stuff up in his head. I never suggested Musk is right and its true because he said it.
Why do you hate musk.

Here you are - I googled it for you. https://spaceanddefense.io/musk-says-red-tape-threatens-to-choke-mars-missions/

Bureaucracy eh; who needs it?

[The occupants of the Titan submersible, evidently]

Perhaps he thinks that red tape is something that stops rich people getting richer, rather than things like potentially life saving licenses and so forth.

He wasn't all that clear...?
There's red tape and there's red tape.

The stuff that Musk (and aveatry) are talking about is the sort that's needed.

The stuff that just provides facts and figures, maybe not, but thats not expensive. It only appears to be the expense red tape thats a problem.

Some people just believe anything they hear, if it's from a source they like.

All I said was this. Its something he has publicly stated.
He wants to fly his rockets and trump will remove the constant barriers currently stifling the progress of developing starship
In response to these posts
and why would a billionaire give money to Trump............

the obvious question, which is, why is he doing it?
And everything else like this you are making up I never said I believed him or agreed with him _ im telling you that's what he said.
The stuff that Musk (and aveatry) are talking about is the sort that's needed.
Some people just believe anything they hear, if it's from a source they like.

Sponsored Links
Back