Been a bit stupid I think :-(

To compact down, a quite narrow run of gravel, on my drive, I decided my sds set to roto-stop, just hammer, was perfect. I welded a bit of bar, to the end of a sds chisel bit, and set to work compacting. It worked well, I took a break, to admire my work, then restarted - except I'd accidentally caught the roto-stop switch, the bar swung round at high speed and clouted my ankle bone. The pain was tremendous and was sore for days afterwards..

Ouch...

Sponsored Links
To compact down, a quite narrow run of gravel, on my drive, I decided my sds set to roto-stop, just hammer, was perfect. I welded a bit of bar, to the end of a sds chisel bit, and set to work compacting. It worked well, I took a break, to admire my work, then restarted - except I'd accidentally caught the roto-stop switch, the bar swung round at high speed and clouted my ankle bone. The pain was tremendous and was sore for days afterwards..
Ouch. Such a great story though. At least you can look back at it with a bit of humour now

Thanks everybody, for sharing your injuries with me - makes me feel less of a prat :LOL:

Probably a good thing I took somebody's advice on another thread I created, about getting a chainsaw to cut a couple of tree trunks down, and decided to get the local tree man in instead :eek:

I repaired the worst of the damage by gluing the bits of brick back on with NMN - it isn't structural, and will mostly be covered by the little camera anyway.

20240912_160845.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks everybody, for sharing your injuries with me - makes me feel less of a prat :LOL:

Probably a good thing I took somebody's advice on another thread I created, about getting a chainsaw to cut a couple of tree trunks down, and decided to get the local tree man in instead :eek:

I repaired the worst of the damage by gluing the bits of brick back on with NMN - it isn't structural, and will mostly be covered by the little camera anyway.

View attachment 355312

Well played. BTW the cable to the left should have run down past the entry hole and then looped back up so that rain water didn't track down the cable. I guess that the hole has been siliconed and not causing any problems, so perhaps ignore it.

Best of luck.

Well played. BTW the cable to the left should have run down past the entry hole and then looped back up so that rain water didn't track down the cable. I guess that the hole has been siliconed and not causing any problems, so perhaps ignore it.

Best of luck.
Oh right? It's the phone cable I think, been here for 30 or so years since the house was built! But when I'm putting the wee camera up I'll be lashing the silicone around liberally, so will have a look (y)

*Update: the chuck on my old faithful Black & Decker has seized now, can't get bits in or out. And it can't be much more than 35 years old :LOL: you couldn't make it up.
You can rinse it in white sprit to wash the dust out. It probably has a left-handed retaining screw, if you can reach it, so you can remove it and rattle it about in a jar or can. They are usually a Jacobs chuck. There are small sliding parts inside and should not be oiled. Replacement chucks are available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back