Central Heating F @ E tank feed pipe gets too hot

The pipe that's drippng is the overflow pipe, a bit strange though if its only dripping during boiler operation, can you look into the F&E cistern when the boiler is running for awhile and check the level.
That puzzles me as well. If the F/E tank is at overflow level there's something wrong. At least it needs bailing out, and the ballcock adjusted, and check the valve is closing properly.

Sponsored Links
I'm interested you think 36 degrees is not to bad. I just thought it seemed a bit hot.
It's a bit higher than you'd like, but about body temperature. Perhaps the pros on here can say if it's unusual.
The pipe that is dripping is the one which leaves the top of the f&e tank and goes to the outside of the roof through the facia board.
Replied to Johntheo5 on this.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Are we really @ 4 pages on this now.... jeesh.

@Stuck1 - in post #28 with the pic of your setup, the pump head orientation suggests it is flowing upwards towards the AAV and then feed and vent - as was asked by @dilalio in post #31, what direction is the pump flowing?

As was also suggested the original setup pic post#31, the pumps orientation would have the flow heading left and downwards towards the ABV and zone valves

My circ pump is pumping downwards, I just swung the pump head through 180 deg. when I installed it but no harm to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back