Cheap as Chips

Way I see it I contribute to loads of things I never use

Libraries

I went into the local library some years back and asked the girl at reception if she had any books on 'The Titanic'. She said 'I'll check for you' and started tapping away at the computer. Eventually she said 'yes, we've got four'.
I said 'they'll be ruined by now love'.

Sponsored Links
TBH it doesn't look a whole lot different to BAs livery, still think Banksy should have been let loose on it

TBH it doesn't look a whole lot different to BAs livery, still think Banksy should have been let loose on it
While that would be brilliant, I don't think they'd like the message Banksy would've put on it...!

Sponsored Links
Air Farce One
correct..
trumptoiletpaper.png

That's why we paid to buy it, and we pay its running expenses, and we paid for the paint job.

We split the bill with around 40 million mates.

Unfortunately, although we pay for it, we will never get to ride in it.

Could you imagine it included a free go for us all.
William wouldnt be happy. And Kate would be knackered.

I like it. though it does look a bit BA.

In terms of who paid for it.. I suspect as usual the top 1% covered a large chunk of it, followed by a 1/3rd of it from the next 10% and hardly anything at all from just under half of the country. I'm happy with my contribution.

Personally i think it should have said Great Britain not UK. But then that apparently excludes our f'd up half sister Northern Island..

In terms of who paid for it.. I suspect as usual the top 1% covered a large chunk of it, followed by a 1/3rd of it from the next 10% and hardly anything at all from just under half of the country. I'm happy with my contribution.
Are you happy contributing to another 'vanity project'?

Warning over plans for new Royal Navy aircraft carriers

"Ambitious plans for the Royal Navy's two new aircraft carriers - each of which cost more than £3bn - will not be met without proper funding
The MoD is yet to commit the funding required for enough Lightning II fighter jets to sustain the carriers over their expected 50-year operating life, the NAO said in its report.
It also said the Navy had just one supply ship able to keep the carriers stocked with food and ammunition while on operations."

The government funding for the program to stop all homeless people in the UK being kicked out of their accomodation for another 6 months costs less than one of those american jets.

So which is money better spent?

I like it. though it does look a bit BA.
It's also actually a working refuelling plane...

I wonder how the RAF feel about it becoming a rather more visible target?

and hardly anything at all from just under half of the country.
you mean all those essential workers that keep the country running: nurses, cleaners, bus drivers, waitresses, amazon warehouse staff, supermarket checkout staff.

they would love to contribute more.

Sponsored Links
Back