Classic F.M

The first time I ever tried to track down a piece of music from a film, was this scene from the Truman Show. Music starts properly at 1 min 40 sec. Still probably the most beautiful slow movement I've ever heard. It's super famous. It was harder to find these things pre-internet!

Chopin piano #1 E minor I think. It wallows on and on....

Sponsored Links
I should have been more specific, sorry. Eric Carmen used adagio sostenuto (maybe part 2?) whereas my favourite is allegro scherzando (I think it was part 3). They're both from the second movement.
The 3rd movement has got 2 parts as well
is part 1.
Very Omar Sharif! I think all the bits of R2 are in the 'pops' lists.
A bit like a 50's movie, "Oh yeah, I remember that. Not now thanks". Beats me why people play them again and again.

That IS the "All by myself" one. It's C minor - The second movement of no. 2.
R was a bit of an ahole. He could stretch a 10th, so he put some in his stuff because others couldn't play it.
I only play music to drown more annoying noises. Silence please! Never understood why people like music.
In that case, this should be right up your strasse...

I should have been more specific, sorry. Eric Carmen used adagio sostenuto (maybe part 2?) whereas my favourite is allegro scherzando (I think it was part 3). They're both from the second movement.

The 3rd movement has got 2 parts as well

I'm trying to follow all this. Rach 2 isn't a piece I remember listening to. But I'm getting confused by what you both mean by parts of movements. Are you saying that in this concerto, the movements are split into distinct parts. Or just that the person who posted it on Youtube has chopped up the video of the movement into two separate parts (maybe to fit a time limit?)

Sponsored Links
I'm trying to follow all this. Rach 2 isn't a piece I remember listening to. But I'm getting confused by what you both mean by parts of movements. Are you saying that in this concerto, the movements are split into distinct parts. Or just that the person who posted it on Youtube has chopped up the video of the movement into two separate parts (maybe to fit a time limit?)
R 2nd disassembled here: https://www.classicfm.com/composers/rachmaninov/guides/piano-concerto-genius/

3rd movement appears to have 2 parts. She plays part 1 and gets the clapping then another video starts with m3 part 2.
All hummy stuff.

Dvorak is becoming a soundtrack to my summer and this, Opus #59 'Legends'#6 has a nice flow to it:

A fun, lively and shortish final movement from Beethoven's only violin concerto.

A fun, lively and shortish final movement from Beethoven's only violin concerto.

Whenever i hear that piece i wonder if birdsong inspired the violin riff? I wouldn't put it past the old boy to pinch ideas whenever he took a constitutional in the countryside.

Whenever i hear that piece i wonder if birdsong inspired the violin riff? I wouldn't put it past the old boy to pinch ideas whenever he took a constitutional in the countryside.

Funnily enough, I often think that as well, but during the middle movement. The Pastoral Symphony definitely was inspired by nature. My fave part is the one called "Scene by the brook". It just bubbles along mellifluously.

Funnily enough, I often think that as well, but during the middle movement. The Pastoral Symphony definitely was inspired by nature. My fave part is the one called "Scene by the brook". It just bubbles along mellifluously.

When he found refuge in the midst of nature, he jotted down themes inspired by the trill of birds, the trickling of creeks or the rustle of leaves. In a notebook from 1803 was found an outline of a river's trickling with the additional note: "The greater the river, the more grave the tone."

Tonight is the First Night of the Proms: This classic riff from Grieg gets things off to a dramatic start...

The ladies of Arles had a lively reputation in La Belle Époque, giving Vincent the impression they'd be up for a bit of fandango.

Sponsored Links
Back