Curious white twin and earth

Sponsored Links
The cable is fine (assuming you don't need high-smoke).

It is odd that the electrician thinks you sourcing items will be cheaper.
I see two main possibilities.

1. The electrican is a sole trader trying to stay below the VAT threshold, it's easy to do this if you are just selling your labour, much harder if you are also buying and reselling materials.
2. The electrican does most of their work as a subby and doesn't want to get involved in the materials supply game.

While valid points as to why he does not want to be suppling materials, just telling the customer to get it in would generally result in a complete farce of stuff missing, stuff wrong, and stuff thats the cheapest brand possible.

It's best handled by communicating the list of what is required to the wholesaler, confirming that appropiate pricing will be used, and telling them that the customer will be comming along with their credit card to pay for them, and either picking them up, or leaving them to be picked and so you just have to swing by on the way there to pick up a box thats all been paid for and picked.

LSF cable is likely to be used in schools alright, although T&E type cable isn't. Singles in galvanised containment is the norm in schools.
I think your out of touch there,:) pics from a new school building 2017:
1729205903995.jpeg
1729205813028.jpeg
1729205677223.jpeg
1729205638842.jpeg
:)

Sponsored Links
So popped my glasses on and looked at the cable, ran some muck round it and numbers appeared, its 4mm grrrr.
My swapsy has gone wrong .

Attachments

• 20241018_100433.jpg
    20241018_100433.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks all , I'll have a chat with him later, if you guys think it's alright I'm sure he will.
It's going on a 16a mcb that's rcd protected too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back