does Atheism exist.......

Violence has been solving the world's problem's , since man walked the earth , & if it does'nt it is because not enough violence was used !!
:eek:

Did I get that right or were you being sarcastic?

Is what we have here, on this thread, a microscopic version or representation of what is going on in the bigger world?

If neither side wishes to negotiate but instead exchange insults we would all have to resign to a life of war, ad infinitum and ad nauseam, for which we all pay the price.

Is that what anyone wants regardless of race, religion or ethnicity?

If history has taught us anything it is that it repeats itself, while the weapons grow ever greater and faster than our pride and common sense like a demented youth wielding a loaded gun. If you look at all ‘great’ wars there is never a true victor!

We in the UK, erroneously, think we beat Germany in WW2. Correct?

But that vulgar blot on mankind’s escutcheon, as massive and sadistic as it was and is, has been going on since the dawn of mankind.

Who exactly had the last laugh, to date, in that particular war? Who makes more decisions? Who is more powerful? Until the next big shakeup that is, and the next, and the next, and the next.......

The only way we are ever going to live together in harmony is by understanding, tolerance and mutual respect IMHO. Wars are always a pyrrhic victory, always!

Tony - An Atheist.

Sponsored Links
Sad as it might be , violence has been solving the world's problem's , the fact that a particular problem has not been solved is because not enough was used , violence or the fear of it = control , Mao in china had a drug addict problem he shot them all , Stalin controlled Russia through violence or the threat of it , Saddam Hussein controlled Iraq , Ayatollah's in Iran ece ect , problem's occur when the population lose there fear , Ceasque ??.in Romania , Honicker in East Germany ?? ect ect , The Syrian's when they invaded the Lebanon in the 80's , had suicide bomber's or the threat of them , not for long they did'nt Why ???

Religion just a way of excercising control , give's comfort to many , is there life after death I hope so , if there is not than it probably won't matter , never blame religion's , for what some do in religion's name , if every one followed the true teaching's of there religion than the world would be a better place .
Violence has been solving the world's problem's , since man walked the earth , & if it does'nt it is because not enough violence was used !!

Not so sure...most religions are pretty dark mate, with death, rape and torture all acceptable.

Sad as it might be , violence has been solving the world's problem's , the fact that a particular problem has not been solved is because not enough was used , violence or the fear of it = control , Mao in china had a drug addict problem he shot them all , Stalin controlled Russia through violence or the threat of it , Saddam Hussein controlled Iraq , Ayatollah's in Iran ece ect , problem's occur when the population lose there fear , Ceasque ??.in Romania , Honicker in East Germany ?? ect ect , The Syrian's when they invaded the Lebanon in the 80's , had suicide bomber's or the threat of them , not for long they did'nt Why ???
Churchill must be turning in his grave.

You mentioned people like "Mao, Stalin, Saddam".

So what about Blair and 'W' Bush. Would you add them to the list too? I would!

We’re trying to catch terrorists who were trained by us. We supplied the very arms with which our own brave soldiers get killed, while our own men are armed in diaphanous cheesecloth using dysfunctional peashooters by comparison!

You may look at ‘them’ as terrorists but how do you think they look at us and how do you think you may feel if someone invaded the UK while you are just living your life trying to bring up 2.4 children?

It's not just important to look at it from the other mans side, it's imperative!

Why do you think we are over there? To spread love or fairness? Dare I mention Mugabe? We’re not so interested in Zimbabwe are we?

It’s like kicking over a hornets’ nest and then declaring war on hornets because you got stung.

Sponsored Links
Religion just a way of excercising control , give's comfort to many , is there life after death I hope so , if there is not than it probably won't matter , never blame religion's , for what some do in religion's name , if every one followed the true teaching's of there religion than the world would be a better place .

Not so sure...most religions are pretty dark mate, with death, rape and torture all acceptable.

I don't know??? , most religion's preach respect , tolerance , understanding , I think the Koran is one of the few religion's that make reference to respect for the enviroment , the fault as I see it is religion's get hijacked by those with there own agenda , now or in the past ???

I am not commenting on the right's or wrong's of any particular conflict , one man's terroist is another man's freedom fighter depend's which side of the fence u sit on , as for the ahfaganistan conflict , is there oil there ?? , if so let's get it !! If you volunteer for the armed force's don't be surprised if u get sent to a conflict , different if u are a conscript !! what would I do in Ahfganistan either get out or anhialate them , total & absolute violence , with all resource's , throw out the press , as joe public get's upset when casualty's appear on T.V , he still believe's in the concept of precision bombing !!!!

As for Mugabe shoot him , along with all his henchman , would I put Bush & Blair in the category as Mao, Stalin ect ect no I would not , Kissinger probably , read Vietnamn , Laos , Cambodia , to many people want it both way's , yes let's go into Rwanda & deal with Genocide or Sierra Leone , but go into a country & secure oil , no do'nt do that , our your life style revolve's around oil , close all the arm's factory's , throw every onre out of work , they would appreciate that . Churchill who O.K'd the bombing of Dresden thousand's of innocent's lost there live's !! ect ect

I don't know??? , most religion's preach respect , tolerance , understanding , I think the Koran is one of the few religion's that make reference to respect for the enviroment , the fault as I see it is religion's get hijacked by those with there own agenda , now or in the past ???

All three major monotheistic religions said that the fact that Abraham was going to sacrifice his son Isaac (ishmael for the Muslims) was a good thing.
They also teach that killing homosexuals is a good thing too.

If that is the case than , I would withdraw my statement , I just believe that one can read what ever one like's into religious text written by some bloke , he wrote this but he meant that so & so forth ??? you will never reason with religious fanatic's / believer's , in Israel some believe that God gave them the land ect ect , u cannot hold a sensible conversation , either ignore them or shoot them , before they shoot you there is the choice !!

If that is the case than , I would withdraw my statement , I just believe that one can read what ever one like's into religious text written by some bloke , he wrote this but he meant that so & so forth ??? you will never reason with religious fanatic's / believer's , in Israel some believe that God gave them the land ect ect , u cannot hold a sensible conversation , either ignore them or shoot them , before they shoot you there is the choice !!

I agree, but would add that the bible, being 4000 years old at the oldest estimates, has a slightly different moral code to ours which many forgive, or ignore or don't know about.
If you practise the religion 100% you'd be a nutter, you change it in anyway, you still have the potential to be a nutter that uses it for your own view.

You are right that you can't have a logical or reasonable conversation about religion with a theist...they admit they are not being logical or reasonable, because their God operates outside logic.

Sponsored Links
Back