Dust allergy during building work?

I know. But I live in the real world where many tradesmen are working upstairs and down,carrying plasterboards, doors, boilers, sofas beds carpers etc. Windows open, drills out,multitool out, ceilings down floorboards up.
To sanitise a job (hazmat style) as Woody suggested would add thousands to a job.
Unless your working on new build I have never ever seen multi tradesmen all working at the same time unless its on the tea and biscuits :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Unless your working on new build I have never ever seen multi tradesmen all working at the same time unless its on the tea and biscuits :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We've just finished a six bed up and down, almost total refurb, with two adults and six kids under the age of 10. One severely disabled.
Tradesmen on it flat out.
There was not a prayer on the planet capable of preventing dust spread.

Sponsored Links
knocking down the external wall wont be too bad, they can use a diamond cutter on the brickwork then stitch drill the inside and knock out with a hammer

I would get them to skim or overboard the artex, I cant understand why anybody would bother sanding it

The OP needs to get themselves a decent filtered mask and do the plastic sheeting as suggested.
Perhaps stay away from the house while it is worked on, get a relative to look after the house while they are out during the work.

I too have an allergy to dust, it set my nose streaming goo all day long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back