EICR - Hob and Oven Connections

EXAMPLE: Where MI's indicate the requirement to fit a 13A/16A fuse or other OCPD for a 3KW oven and it simply gets lumped onto the 32A with the 6KW hob.
There's nowt stopping you putting a 13A load on the 32A breaker with an FCU as well.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to quote you again, ;) or not, ...
No need to apologise when you are actually responding to thee materialyou've quoted ...
... however most of my quotes of you are a direct response to your quotes of me, or another description could be a conversation....
again, true, but all your responses to me (quoting me) in this 'sub-thread' you have created are my responses to your responses which all started when you quoted my clarification (to secure) of the present status o MIs in BS7671) but responded by talking about something totally different (i.e.about the primary thread itself, in which I had not {and still have not} participated).

Kind Regards, John

There's nowt stopping you putting a 13A load on the 32A breaker with an FCU as well.
Although I didn't make that suggestion in this thread, it is certainly a very valid option and one which I'd hope the inspector would consider and certainly one which I have advised in other threads. It has also been a fairly regular fix by me when units are connected incorrectly.

A problem here is we only have part of the story which is possibly OP's interpretation of the EICR (and possibly incomplete or even incorrect)

there's a B40 breaker in the consumer unit that feed both, with no isolation switches above the worktops

Behind the built-in oven is a junction box that connects the incoming 6mm cable to both devices. The EICR remedial action is "Install new power to the oven with a dedicated Switched Spur, due to the oven and hob both using the same supply and no local isolation".
My reading of that could be suggesting simply adding a FCU into the existing wiring, equally if could besuggesting adding an additional circuit from the CU which nimdy asks below
Does this mean running a new circuit from the board so each has its own breaker, or does it mean changing the junction box for something like fused spur units, or cooker units?

I hadn't looked at the link and apologies to RandonGrinch for not realising the screen shot was the correct MI's for it and this product. It seems typical of Beko products (and some others) that this comes without a mains cable
The devices are here - https://www.beko.co.uk/appliances/i...ilt-in-oven-and-induction-hob-package-qsm223x the hob looks to pull much more load than the oven.
From the sales sheet:
1706814829233.png

From the MI's:
1706814948979.png

So a little confusion/contraditcion there
I want to avoid pulling up floors and drilling holes for a new supply if I can, though I completely understand if this is not safe or up to regs then it needs to be done.
In my view there is no need to provide a new circuit, just the addition of the FCU with a 13A fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back