Electrocuted by a screw.

waran said:
Classically the Hippocratic oath forbids it exclusively.

Hence why they developed a special "euthanasia" machine where a nurse hooks you up to an IV, then you are asked 3 times by the computer "Are you sure?". A doctor cannot (and I would imagine a nurse will not) intentionally deliver a lethal dose of anything. In the lethal injection the nurse just hooks up the condemned, they do not inject the chemicals.

Just as an aside while I have "euthanasia" in my mind: did you know that the word "suicide" is not allowed on BBC factual programmes? This is why on the news they will always say things such as "Took his own life" but never "suicide".

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Just as an aside while I have "euthanasia" in my mind: did you know that the word "suicide" is not allowed on BBC factual programmes? This is why on the news they will always say things such as "Took his own life" but never "suicide".

This must depend on the context. On the news and other documentaries one often hears reference to "suicide bombers".

ninebob said:
AdamW said:

This must depend on the context. On the news and other documentaries one often hears reference to "suicide bombers".

That's a good point. Perhaps because this is a phrase already coined elsewhere i.e. newspapers? I don't know what the groups behind such activities call them, but it would probably be translated to "Glorious freedom martyr" or something, hence they don't want to say that on the news. Remember, Kamikaze is translated as "divine wind".

The BBC definitely aren't allowed to say "committed suicide", mainly because the expression can cause offence (really!) but also because suicide is no longer a crime, thus one cannot "commit" it. Unless one uses the word commit as in pledge. In which case that would just be silly. "In parliament today the government committed £5 to the NHS, committed £40M to Fat-boy's Jaguar collection and committed suicide to all Kamikaze pilots."

Surely you can commit other things than just a crime though? What about commit adultery?

Sponsored Links
Well....

Is your Dad Michael Furtado, or your Mum Lisa Furtado, and is this your Auntie:

nellie.jpg
nelly-furtado.jpg

fetch.dll
002.jpg

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Blimey, not too choosy then ! What a change since she left the circus !!

Does she come with resuscitation unit ?

P

'it' or 'to' ? ......

In the case of 'it' .... Yes, she'd need to apply it to me !

In the case of 'to' ...... Well, it takes all sorts !

Come on you lot ! get about your business !

Your country needs the revenue !

Do have a splendid day. ... making hay.

Dunno what pipme means but in my circle of friends UDI stands for "Unidentified Drunken Injury", the sort you notice on a saturday or sunday morning but have no recollection of sustaining!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back