Euro 2024

England fans drank two months worth of beer at the Piazza in Gelsenkirchenukennen on Saturday night. Usually they'd sell one keg but got through sixty of 'em as our boys did us proud, and showed the Krafty Krauts how an Englishman drinks his fill.

74520853-12425553-image-a-46_1692522263312.jpg
and then done their usual .

Sponsored Links
and then done their usual .
England fans took over the bar and were enjoying a royal pi$$ up when the Serbians arrived. Probably the Crvena Zvezda mob. You know 'em; they kicked off the Civil War in Yugoslavia. Clearly, they decided to test the English reputation.

I t
The Turkey v Georgia match was a great watch.
I thought this is the first decent game. It always brings a game alive when there is an individual player of outstanding talent showcasing their skills

England fans took over the bar and were enjoying a royal pi$$ up when the Serbians arrived. Probably the Crvena Zvezda mob. You know 'em; they kicked off the Civil War in Yugoslavia. Clearly, they decided to test the English reputation.
We went to Belgrade to watch Wales play Serbia seven years ago. The day we arrived Partisan were playing Red Star in the local derby and it proper kicked off, one young lad was shot and later died in hospital. We had no problems with the Belgrade Serbs, they were ok towards us, at the match though some Serbs from outside Belgade attacked the Welsh fans and the Partisan blokes in the crowd dealt with them and apoligised to our lot. We later found out that this was due to twenty odd Welsh lads donating blood at the hospital for the young Partisan lad who had been shot.

Sponsored Links
Terrific performance from Georgia tonight, they play football the right way, none of this tippy tappy 400 passes in your own half nonsense, they go from defense to attack in two or three passes at pace, lovely stuff, fast becoming my favourite team to watch.

Just been reading that the England players out in Germany won't be allowed to vote on the 4th of July...

.An FA spokesman said there is little point as they are not able to find the box let alone put a cross in it

I got very confused the other night watching England. I gave up ages ago trying to understand what a false 9 is. But they seemed to spend quite some time talking about whether Declan Rice should be playing "6". The conversation started something like.

"Declan's been playing 8 for his club, but he says he wants to be a 6. Do you think he's better as a 6"

"I've always thought he was a 6. But the 8 at his club is now playing as a false 9. So they moved Declan to 8"

All this talk of numbers is very off putting for those not in the know. Why not just say, for example, "holding midfielder", like they did in the past. Then everyone can understand what is being discussed. And anyway, in English football, the number 6 had always been worn by the centre back e.g Bobby Moore wore 6. Number 4 had always been the defensive midfielder. But it turns out that since the 2022 World Cup we have actually changed the numbering! Defensive midfielder is now 6 and one of the centre backs is now number 4. After they finished discussing number 6, they moved on to discussing who should play number 10!

Last edited:
I've just been reading a discussion about whether Jude Bellingham is best as a 6, an 8, or a 10, or even a 9.

Well, now. All England have to do is beat Slovakia, then the Swiss and they're in the semi's against Austria, probably. How hard can it be? Alright, maybe Spain in the final could be a bit tricky but there's a clear opportunity to make up for the loss to Italy three years ago. If Gareth Southgate can get his tactics right....oh, wait, i see the problem now.

As you were.

This tournament will be Clive Tyldesley's swansong, i hear. A shame, i always enjoyed his commentary but it's not been the same since he lost his sidekick, Andy Townsend. Ally McCoist has provided able assistance, though, and it should be obligatory for a Scotsman to commentate on football matches. It's the only way for a member of that proud race to remain at a tournament beyond the first week. :D Even Georgia made it out of the group on their first attempt. Can they beat Spain? Probably not, but i'm looking forward to watching them try much more than another turgid England performance where they jogo about with no bonito in their step.

I've just put a bet on Slovakia and Georgia to win their matches today, long shot I know but a £2 double wins £154 if it comes in.

That was a bit hopeless. The guy they brought into midfield to fix it has barely been given the ball. I think we need a Steven Gerrard type to make some runs from central midfield and really get things moving. That is Bellingham's preferred role, and he's meant to be the best young player in the world. It seems obvious to move him there.

Sponsored Links
Back