Euro 2024

Sponsored Links
IMG_1990.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I think the three is working very well tonight. At times it's been incisive, there's good balance and they're spreading it around nicely. No-one's being greedy and trying to hog it. Really working as a team.

Last edited:
Nice job. It'll be fascinating to see how they cope against Spain.

All those decades when I hung on every kick, we were shoite and useless.

Now that I'm not that bothered, we're still shoite, but strangely effective. :confused:
I commented on my WA family group:

"Don't know if this is a footballing phrase, but England don't seem very 'runny forwardy'....."

I commented on my WA family group:

"Don't know if this is a footballing phrase, but England don't seem very 'runny forwardy'....."

I mentioned something similar earlier. I've been reading up and I think it's partly that tactics have changed. There's a lot more close passing these days and a lot of it is about creating overloads. Beyond me, but it's definitely a more complex game these days.

My gym master used to yell at us,

"You'll never score any bloody goals if you don't get close to the net!"

I mentioned something similar earlier. I've been reading up and I think it's partly that tactics have changed. There's a lot more close passing these days and a lot of it is about creating overloads. Beyond me, but it's definitely a more complex game these days.
You're being very modest there. I think you know a lot more than you're letting on.

For those of you who can't quite believe it...

...softest penalty ever. An' i don't care. :LOL:

I think the three is working very well tonight. At times it's been incisive, there's good balance and they're spreading it around nicely. No-one's being greedy and trying to hog it. Really working as a team.

Having said that, they should probably have freshened things up at half time, bringing in Ian Wright for Lee Dixon.

Last edited:
...softest penalty ever. An' i don't care. :LOL:
I thought so too at the time.

But as Ian Wright commented, it was a studs up challenge which would have been a free kick anywhere else on the field so it had to be a penalty.

You're being very modest there. I think you know a lot more than you're letting on.

That's very kind. But I'm really not! All this talk of 6s, 8s, inverted full backs, false 9s, midfield boxes and wingers playing on the wrong side is too much to take in.

Will you still be in Spain for the final?

Sponsored Links
Back