External stopcock?

DCC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the main path outside my house is a round liftable cover about 5-6 inches across revealing an access hole with some general rubble and junk inside. There is a corresponding one in front of my neighbours house. In both our houses a part of the front path has been cut away at some stage and a new access cover set in. If I draw a line between the first plate and where the main water supply is in the house it would more or less pass through the second cover.

A quick poke into the first rubble filled hole didn't immediately locate the valve so I'm wondering if it's been moved.

Second cover looks like:

(It says "Inspection Eye Cover" on it)

So is this newer second cover likely to be hiding a stopcock under it and if so how the heck do I open it - that slot that looks like a big screw head is about an inch or so across and not budging.

Sponsored Links
Inspection eye usually refers to drainage not water but it's possible. I suggest you dig out all the debris and see whats down there. If it's on your property then you're responsible for it so check you don't have another stop tap somewhere...internal??

Just a bit confused as the main drain is to the rear of the property and these covers have definitely been added after the path was originally laid.

I'll poke around some more in the original hole to see if I can find anything but if I need to open that other cover any ideas on the right tool for it? it'll need to be quite meaty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back