Extractor fan

Surely it only has live, neutral and earth running into the transformer? The OP says that it only has three terminals on the supply side and two on the fan side. I guess that it only runs when the light is on (ie no over run).
He says timer fan in the opening post I think.

Sponsored Links
It has timer up to 30 minutes over run it’s not earthed instructions not very clear it has wire going to LS , N , and L looking again at wiring diagram it looks like it also has isolating switch

If the timer is in the transformer then it only requires L & N from transformer to fan.

It still requires L, SL & N from light to transformer to tell it when light is switched on.

It has timer up to 30 minutes over run it’s not earthed instructions not very clear it has wire going to LS , N , and L looking again at wiring diagram it looks like it also has isolating switch
I suggested the 3 core and earth as you are supposed to run an earth even if not needed just put it in a Connector block.

Sponsored Links
Here’s wiring diagram

Attachments

• IMG_2525.jpeg
    IMG_2525.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 23

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back