first ever board and 17th to boot

Sorry it's a 16th edition CU, but can I enter this into the neatest domestic CU competition?

Chrissboard.jpg

Sponsored Links
I was wondering how long it would be before that one came out.

When will CU manufacturers make neater flexible (some use solid covered in heat shrink) Neutral & Phase link wires?

Here's mine shortly before connection. Again, 16th edition but as neat as I could get it with all those circuits in it. I've included the aerial distro board aswell.

aptsys_CU.jpg

I can't make it out, what's happening between the main switch and the henleys?

Sponsored Links
Looks like a temporary supply in the main isolator, with the tails waiting to be connected

ah yes... i expect those are rubber tails going to a brown Wylex :LOL:

nice backboards BTW

Those were the old tails connected to the fairly new, but totally wrecked Wylex consumer unit - fitted by whoever did the conservatory before I bought the house. All of the screw heads in the MCB's were sheared off!!

Electrics were in a bit of a state before the re-wire. Lighting circuits were previously wired in singles clipped to joists without earths, upstairs ring consisted of 3double sockets with 8 spurs etc... :rolleyes:

A current transformer. It's now connected to the home network via ethernet to log usage throughout the day.

Ahh interesting, bit like that wattson device? do you have a link to the product

:)

Some nice work there chaps.

RF & Aptsys, I notice you stripped the outer sheath of your tails right back to near the entry point.

Does this make them much more flexible? I am sick of having to battle with tails especially in side some of these narrower cu boxes

I don't think it makes a major difference to the flexibility, I only stripped away the outer sheath to be consistent with the other cables entering the unit.

cabinman: It's similar to the Wattson, but mine is a home made version since my hobby is electronics . :unsure: :geek:

Nope, no real difference, it just takes up slightly less room, and looks neater.

@ aptsys - ahh nice work :unsure: used to be into electrionics as well, but that sounds beyond my scope of PCB building lol...

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back