first ever board and 17th to boot

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but aptsys (or anybody else) do you have any details or whatever on the current transformer described - I'd like to do something similar to log power usage, but the best I've been able to find so far is an RS232 clamp meter, which would look ugly...

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Here's mine shortly before connection. Again, 16th edition but as neat as I could get it with all those circuits in it. I've included the aerial distro board aswell.

Heartbreaking to think it may have to be upgraded with RCBO's sooner or later, and they're evan more work to keep neat.

Why haven't crabtree or square D or another with plug-in mcb busbars not brought out a triple rail LNE busbar? would be much easier and neater without all the N tails and earth leads flapping about. The units could easily be backwards compatible with existing mcb range, and if the RCBO's had removable neutral prongs or a plug-in-tail kit they'd be backwards compatible for fitting in old units too, so essentially still one range.

Sponsored Links
I used a hall effect current transformer made by LEM - It was a current output device, so the output was fed into a transimpedance amplifier to be processed by the microcontroller. A resistive divider was used for voltage measurements allowing power factor etc to be worked out also. I had that current transformer laying about from a previous project, so it wasn't selected for this application - I think it's a 300A device.

Indeed it is a shame that it may get messed up when changing for RCBOs. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back