FUEL PROTEST

pipme said:
Do they actually run the world ?
:?:
Blair, Bush & the oil companys, hmmm, does make you wonder if they get together doesn't it, I always said the war in Iraq was an oil war because they are one of the biggest oil supplier.
pipme said:
Be interesting to scrutinise the likes of BP's 'own private books' .... I am sure the individual profit margins are obscufated through legal (or maybe not), but creative accounting for general publication .. Of course, they will have a political angle too.
I could only guess that such as BP would never continue to manufacture a product at a loss ... I do not think, or expect them to be philanthropic by nature.. Then again, pigs may fly :eek: :eek:
This is something we would never know.
Maso, I bet if you, as an employee, had BP's income, you would pay far more tax than they pay... nice position to be in ;)
I musn't grumble :D

I forgot to add onto my previous post that BP do give a lot money to charity and the last donation was to tsunamis flooding appeal and I can't say how much because BP do not want publicly but it was substantial sum and they even gave all the airline free fuel!

Sponsored Links
Masona, I accept your point that they maintain they make nothing on fuel, although I believe that is probably more through accountancy methods than anything else.

I don't know that much about how all these products are made but understood they all come from oil, at some stage in production process.

With this in mind, would the oil companies have to dispose of a highly inflamable by-product(petrol) of their profitable business. Put another way, given the green taxes put on waste disposal would it cost them more to stop production of petrol than to carry on?

If we all just purchaed say £10 of fuel at each visit this would make em realise how p...d off we all are.

confidentincompetent said:
If we all just purchaed say £10 of fuel at each visit this would make em realise how p...d off we all are.

You'd be even more P'd off at the length of the queues.

Sponsored Links
A Motorists union, but then, due to public aversion to the word 'union' and perhaps also to 'co-op'.. it may be called The Motorists Society, that's a warm word 'SOCIETY' ... there that's better for the tory waverers. Even better, one could become an AMMS A Member of the Motorist's Society.. Given time a Fellow (or Dame) even !!
With the weight of millions of potential customers / revenue conrtibutors it could have real 'bite' ... Ability to leverage better deals from service centres, dealers, oil companies etc ..... Far more impact than the neutered AA and RAC .. etc .. Once the media cottons to the 'good' deals forged membership could flourish !!
When running in steady state, could always sell off the business to an undercover oil company and walk away a multi millionaire .... ;)
:D :D :D :D

Scoby_Beasley said:
nstreet said:
If everyone in the UK didn't use their cars, or public transport for a whole week, with the exception of those that 'need' to; think of the effect it would have on the petrol companies and the government. Much more effective than blocking roads and go slows in my opinion.
Don't use your car, don't go to the pub and don't smoke ( unless like me you enjoy paying the tobacco tax (buy duty free's)
, just not this blairs rate) and the country would collapse
And if we had a revolution...........Blah blah blah heard it all before, all words no action!

david and julie said:
Masona, I accept your point that they maintain they make nothing on fuel, although I believe that is probably more through accountancy methods than anything else.
We are the cheapest petrol in the UK and we can't make it any cheaper than 11p per litre but BP do make profit on Bitumen, Gas and Oil which offset the petrol margin ( we do make profit on petrol but have to sell vast quantity, we would be better off investing in the building society for a better return than making petrol.) Remember I'm just a BP employee and I didn't believe them about petrol being a thin profit margin for a long time. Couple of week ago I came back from Gran Canaria and the petrol was 0.54 euro ( I don't know how much this is but sounds cheap!)
I don't know that much about how all these products are made but understood they all come from oil, at some stage in production process.
In simple term, the crude oil (crude oil is a mixture of compounds of hydrogen & carbon called hydrocarbons) offload from the jetty to storage tank which then pump to FCC unit Atmospheric Distillation Tower which is heated up at 440C for the starting point for all refined products (Propane, Butane, Jet fuel, Diesel, Heating oil, Residual fuel, Sulphur, Gasoline pool, Wax, Oil, Asphalt.) Without going into boring details, on the tower have a number of pipe draw off for difference level of products because when crude is heated, the lighter elements such as gases and petrol are sparated from the heavier oils and this is the distillation process therefore we cannot stop making petrol.
atmos1.gif

confidentincompetent said:

Now, would you end up using LESS fuel because you aren't carrying around a person-weight in petrol all the time, or would you use MORE fuel because you would have to detour to the petrol station more often? :D

Problem is, they can put petrol up and up and up and we would all pay it. If petrol was £1 a gallon I might drive a bit more, but I do not consciously limit my driving to save fuel. Driving is something we have got used to, and would have to make conscious efforts to wean ourselves off. If milk went up to £1 a pint, would you start drinking your tea black or drink less of it? Probably not!

As soon as someone develops an affordable fuelcell powered car then I am going to start taking a weekly methanol delivery!

If milk went up to £1 a pint, would you start drinking your tea black or drink less of it? Probably not!
What about beer and coke for a rip off? Lager around £2-30 a pint near me thats £18-40 a gallon! Coke, which, unlike beer and petrol, isn't full of tax, around 40p for a 330 ml can= nearly 14 cans per gallon so 14x40=£5-60 a gallon. Thats £1-60 a gallon dearer than petrol at around £4.

I can remember 10 old pence for a pint of cider .. never made it to the gallon ......
A Nation of nuckin' Futters :confused: :confused:

pipme said:
I can remember 10 old pence for a pint of cider .. never made it to the gallon ......
A Nation of nuckin' Futters :confused: :confused:
In victorian times you could live like a king on a penny! :rolleyes:

david and julie said:
What about beer and coke for a rip off? Lager around £2-30 a pint near me thats £18-40 a gallon! Coke, which, unlike beer and petrol, isn't full of tax, around 40p for a 330 ml can= nearly 14 cans per gallon so 14x40=£5-60 a gallon. Thats £1-60 a gallon dearer than petrol at around £4.
I always said it was cheaper to drink petrol :LOL:

Someone was telling me the other day that someone is banned from entering all petrol forecourts because he won't stop drinking it :!:

masona said:
david and julie said:
I always said it was cheaper to drink petrol :LOL:

Someone was telling me the other day that someone is banned from entering all petrol forecourts because he won't stop drinking it :!:
Does he smoke? only when he's on fire! Boom Boom.

Sponsored Links
Back