Harry and Meghan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Not sure he is a moron. He
knew exactly what he was doing.
As for those that support him, well, pick your own words

How can you demonise this...

I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West. I hate her on a cellular level.”
“At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade n*ked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, ‘Shame!’ and throw lumps of excrement at her.
there's prudes and there is prudes, but I have never come across anyone before who needed to 'bleep' out a letter in N*ked in case it may offend someone - it is not an offensive word

Sponsored Links
Clarkson is like a nasty little boy who gets a piece of chalk and writes "bum" on a wall then stands giggling to see who will be offended.
He's playing a part. He’s got in the papers again. Everybody is talking about him. Any publicity is good publicity etc. With a personal wealth estimated at over £50m, don’t tell me you'd not jump at the chance to do the same. You don’t amass that sort of wonga if you are a moron. You can by playing one though. You may be surprised but many people on the telly are not the same in real life as the persona they take on for their shows/publicity. Many well known comedians for example are proper miserable ****s in real life.

A Conservative MP has said he is planning to bring forward legislation in an attempt to strip the Duke and Duchess of Sussex of their royal titles. Bob Seely told the PA news agency he could propose the short private member’s bill early next year in an attempt to amend the 1917 Titles Deprivation Act. If passed, it would see MPs vote on a resolution that could give the privy council the power to downgrade Harry and Meghan’s royal status.

@TheGuardian.com

Labour MP Rachael Maskell already has a bill going through parliament that would give the monarch new powers to remove titles or a committee of parliament to determine that a title should be taken away. She previously said that her constituents made it clear to her that they wanted the Duke of York’s title to be removed.

The Times has called the couple’s storytelling efforts “rank hypocrisy”. The editorial board suggests that, after trashing the monarchy, the Sussexes should renounce their titles: “As commoners living overseas, they may find a new role that brings them happiness. Their present posture is false and risible.”

@TheGuardian.com

But mostly the Sussexes won’t care if they’re able to become the lucrative lifestyle gurus that have drawn sympathetic US viewers – especially if those fans stick around for other Harry and Meghan projects.

Personally, i think they should be stripped of their titles if they refuse to renounce them and live as private citizens if they wish to retain any credibility in their desire for the kind of 'privacy' they wish for.

It isn't really about their privacy, though; it's more about their control over the narrative of their lives.

Some titles were removed, no longer HRH. Maybe just give them a number? Maybe the press need them to keep titles if they are to keep kicking them. Citizen 1 and 2 doesn't make for the same headlines

Blup

Jo Brand's radio comment was off the cuff, not considered, and she apologised for going too far in her next breath
Off the cuff or a Freudian slip.
Clarksons comments were a bit offensive but complete fantasy, people have had acid thrown over them in real life, Farage has had all sorts of stuff thrown at him, giving nutters the idea that throwing acid on politicians is funny isn't sensible.

He's playing a part. He’s got in the papers again. Everybody is talking about him. Any publicity is good publicity etc. With a personal wealth estimated at over £50m, don’t tell me you'd not jump at the chance to do the same. You don’t amass that sort of wonga if you are a moron. You can by playing one though. You may be surprised but many people on the telly are not the same in real life as the persona they take on for their shows/publicity. Many well known comedians for example are proper miserable ****s in real life.
Very much this. There are two Clarksons in the media. One is a buffoon who is annoying. The other is a capable documenary maker (see his WWII stories he has made).

The former seems to have jumped the shark.

Off the cuff or a Freudian slip.
Clarksons comments were a bit offensive but complete fantasy, people have had acid thrown over them in real life, Farage has had all sorts of stuff thrown at him, giving nutters the idea that throwing acid on politicians is funny isn't sensible.
I hate Brand and Clarkson. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back