HONEYWELL V4043 2-PORT MV:

i would say thats the bathroom rad as you say off the cylinder flow.
yes sorry see pic now.

untitledn.jpg

Sponsored Links
Do you think maybe an air-lock since boiler, pump, MV all working. How would I clear air-lock in HW circuit, just by going round all the rads? Presume MV is fully functioning, can't part-open? Any point manually opening it and seeing what happens?? Would like to know where all the heat is going!!

Btw, thanks for all your help so far Seco. Was hoping some other mystery lovers might chip in too!! Any good plumbers covering south end of Croydon, 5 mins from M25??!!

the hw cylinder you say never really hot but flow hot return cold.

if you shut the bathroom rad for ten mins let all the flow go round the cylinder coil
turn heating off for now
that return from cylinder would heat in no time maybe air in the coil
as it should have abit of heat from return at least.

Sponsored Links
Trying that as we speak (hope I remem to switch off!). Presume CH advance on programmer not firing boiler and pump may be some wiring prob that's developed??

worry about that later least its doing something at the moment.

get some heat moving first

Mind you if bathroom rad is acting as bypass, not sure why a TRV (Drayton) was put on it?? Money would surely have been better spent on a 2nd MV!!

whole systems dated really. trv no good on a bypass as you can't use it as one.
be better with a bypass valve
images.jpg

then it only opens when needed.
your just chucking water round it all the time.

Think it must have all been for convenience of plumber becos previous owners here weren't short of dosh! If I stay here much longer I must change boiler and upgrade other bits. British Gas say they'd insure me but that would be until a breakdown when they'd tell me they can't get the parts. Would also like a taller slimmer HW tank so more elbow room for pipework in airing cupboard but they're about 200 smackeroos before installation costs. Is any particular make flavour of month in condensing boilers??

Will tell you what happens tomorrow morning (I'm sure you're dying to know!!).

BG would insure you but won't cover 'installation defects'
Sorry to dive in late on the thread.... will leave bow out gracefully to Seco, as he knows his stuff :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back