HONEYWELL V4043 2-PORT MV:

Take the TRV heads off all the the problem rads and give then a squirt of wd40, and then lift the pin no more then 2-3mm.

Put the heads back on and enjoy the heat. :LOL:
we only found out tonight the fully spec of the system layout ie trv's etc

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Trying that as we speak and found something perhaps revealing? When I advance CH only on programmer, pump and boiler do not come on. Have had to advance HW too then pump and boiler come on. Lever on MV is floppy compared to stiffness when CH/HW off. Pipe downstream of MV is hot as is one of 2 main drop-pipes downstairs. Only one rad d/stairs appears to be warming up (slowly) and is the one nearest to drop-pipes. Normally rads warm up fairly quickly, if not rooms.

That is correct.

Understand the valve is for a C plan, meaning no htg without hot water.

The grey is a permanent live.
The Brown is the cylinder stat com.
The white is the room stat/pump.
The orange is the boiler.

And the tap stat should still be on the return.

No disputing that, first time I saw the post was tonight and after 6 bottles of mexicos finest!

Honestly, don't think its as simple as stuck TRVs though...

No disputing that, first time I saw the post was tonight and after 6 bottles of mexicos finest!

Honestly, don't think its as simple as stuck TRVs though...

Neither do I because unless they have used a relay for the pump it with never work with a V4043 zone valve.

The v4043 is for a Cplan and gravity hot water. :rolleyes:

i don't think its done on a c plan valve but s plan valve as i see before done that way

i don't think its done on a c plan valve but s plan valve as i see before done that way

Can't do that as the cylinder stat also needs to switch the boiler pump on/off via the second valve, otherwise the heating will be on all the time.

Perhaps I'm missing something. :confused:

no not as an s plan system but using a 22mm 5 wire zone valve as aposed to a 28mm 6 wire valve as used on a c plan

no not as an s plan system but using a 22mm 5 wire zone valve as aposed to a 28mm 6 wire valve as used on a c plan

That's what I just tried to say badly.

You need two sources to control the pump and boiler, and break the connection between the room stat and the MV.

Normal S plan would go;

Grey permanent live.
Browm room stat.
Orange pump and boiler.

Second valve.
Grey permanent live.
Brown cylinder stat.
Orange pump and boiler.

With the one valve I suppose you could control the boiler and pump from the programmer, then open the valve for heating, and not use the orange.

well this was
hw on controlled boiler/pump
then all the valve done was open shut the ch from the room stat on the brown
the grey/orange cut off.

if that makes sense all this system got that my system never was a tap stat on the hw.

Yep makes sense.

Still think the Rad TRV's are stuck though. :rolleyes:

yes must agree worth a look at but then seems like a few issues
have come to light ie tap stat and as mentioned earlier poss crud in system.

no doubt will find out after about 8 pages :rolleyes:

This is getting very complicated!! I did say early on that all rads (and HW) had TRVs.

System has been working ok (within its limitations) for 9 years I've lived here!

I don't think it's a Honeywell S-plan, Y-plan or C-plan - just a fully-pumped system with an MV for CH. You're right Seco - the grey/orange/ white from MV are not connected to anything else. The brown from MV goes to CH-on and I believe timer is arranged so there's no CH signal without a HW signal. During an on-period, the only thing I can see that can turn off boiler (and pump) is the boiler-stat??

If pins on TRVs depress and return, is that a good sign they're not stuck??

System has just turned on for its morning effort - I'll give it an hour and see what's hot and what's not!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back