HONEYWELL V4043 2-PORT MV:

Sponsored Links
From what I'm reading...
the flow to the cylinder is hot but return is cold, hence cold water....

Downstairs rads are cool but 'heatsink' rad in bathroom is heating (tees before MV)

Have we gathered the MV is opening ok?
The tap stat is turned up isnt it? If the HW is always on with the CH then if the tap stat is right down then it could affect the CH no?
I've had a couple so bear with me :oops:

From what I'm reading...
the flow to the cylinder is hot but return is cold, hence cold water....

yes which we only found out tonight

Downstairs rads are cool but 'heatsink' rad in bathroom is heating (tees before MV)
thats what it started as no heat down stairs.
so told him to try shut other hot rads, thought at first we had a standard s or y plan system :rolleyes: he tried that but that still failed to heat very good.

so after putting together the system layout we gets to the cylinder not heating well.

Have we gathered the MV is opening ok?
only that upstairs rads
are working well.

The tap stat is turned up isnt it?
not really got that far yet.

If the HW is always on with the CH then if the tap stat is right down then it could affect the CH no?
I've had a couple so bear with me :oops:
lost me on that one.

Sponsored Links
Was just throwing things out there really!
If tap stat turned down and TRV's are turned down, then flow temp would increase shutting boiler down early.

I think you guys are missing the obvious. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TRV's stuck on the rads. :idea:

That'd be right... diving in at the deep end...
was just about to say powerflush :evil:

Thanks for your input davebgas.

Re. BG insurance, I was thinking mainly of boiler probs. Boiler is at least 10 years old, maybe a lot more, but IS functioning fine at present. But I'm thinking BG probably can't get parts for it and will recommend a new one for just £4K!! Not sure what a tap stat is but if I did could maybe tell you if it's shut down. Nothing has been changed or added since last fully functioning. Have been using HW only all thru summer - problems have only emerged when I've come to turn on CH (including HW problem). HW has always took quite some time to heat up - maybe becos only 15mm inlet/outlet??

Take the TRV heads off all the the problem rads and give then a squirt of wd40, and then lift the pin no more then 2-3mm.

Put the heads back on and enjoy the heat. :LOL:

whats the make and model of your boiler and i'll tell you the parts availability, then just go for boiler and controls cover....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back