HONEYWELL V4043 2-PORT MV:

Sponsored Links
Hi again Goldberg - I didn't realise you were going to be pedantic. I meant I've supplied the information you suggested is given (rather than what YOU asked for). I'm not sure what you mean by "fiddler" - I've done next to nothing so far other than carry out suggestions made. The issue of the motorised valve opening was an aside as it's now dependent on advancing the HW at programmer (which it wasn't before). Besides, there wouldn't be any heat distribution (to rads) if MV failed to open! And the issue of downstairs rads not heating up has now extended to HW failing to heat too.

By the way Goldberg, are you suggesting folk get on the phone immediately to a plumber for what may be a very trivial problem (to an experienced person)?? This is not my area of expertise but I have actually installed full CH in a previous house and it was slightly more rational than the system I've inherited here!!

). Besides, there wouldn't be any heat distribution (to rads) if MV failed to open! And the issue of downstairs rads not heating up has now extended to HW failing to heat too.

Can we forget the troll and try and keep to the problem. :rolleyes:

What's that little gem about.

Can we have a pic above the pump showing the cold feed and vent.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Seco and doitall, you've been extremely helpful and patient (as I've always noticed in the past). I've tried to give you all the info you've asked for but if there's anything more that I've omitted, kindly let me know.

what was the outcome of the cylinder return getting hot ?
when you only had hw on and the bypass closed.

Answer the last post, about loosing the hot water.

And add a pic of the cold feed and vent.

I didn't realise you were going to be pedantic.
And yet I had every expectation that you were going to be personal.

I meant I've supplied the information you suggested is given (rather than what YOU asked for). I'm not sure what you mean by "fiddler" - I've done next to nothing so far other than carry out suggestions made.
All I can do is suggest that you read all of the questions asked by seco services and answer all of those in precise terms, i.e. without saying "I'll get back you in an hour".

The issue of the motorised valve opening was an aside as it's now dependent on advancing the HW at programmer (which it wasn't before). Besides, there wouldn't be any heat distribution (to rads) if MV failed to open!
That's all completely irrelevant.

And the issue of downstairs rads not heating up has now extended to HW failing to heat too.
It hasn't been extended - you failed to mention it at the outset.

By the way Goldberg, are you suggesting folk get on the phone immediately to a plumber for what may be a very trivial problem (to an experienced person)?
No. Quite the opposite - I'm suggesting that you post the relevant information and then follow the advice given.

This is not my area of expertise but I have actually installed full CH in a previous house and it was slightly more rational than the system I've inherited here!!
In that case you managed to install it without understanding it. That doesn't mean that you won't get help here, but you have to stop fiddling, and stop mooting irrelevant and misguided theories. Put yourself in the hands of the experts and let them diagnose the problem, then you can fix it. And all of that could have been achieved in one to two pages.

Goldberg, instead of harping on like a wounded seal, why not read back over the numerous pages you repeatedly mention and offer a suggestion then.

View media item 15941
View media item 15942
Sorry for delay.

Are these what you wanted? 28mm pipe in foreground reduces to 22m just above and 22mm pipe in background reduces to 15mm just above - both go into loft. When I closed what I think is bypass bathroom rad with HW only on, despite hot inlet to HW tank, water did not heat up. Re. your question doitall, HW wasn't a problem until now - been using all thru summer with CH off (although always thought heat-up time quite long).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back