House wife's father now blames the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DM reporter that you referred to in the OP didn't seem to have much problem getting in and out.
If he didn't want to go, he could have refused. I can't see his employer sacking him for refusing to enter into a dangerous undertaking. Can you?

Journalist will do what they have to do to earn a crust or get recognition.. But that is entirely their choice....

Sponsored Links
Probably? I doubt it. More like 'possibly'.
It would take longer than 2 weeks to sort out something like that am sure. She had no passport, she's being held in a refugee camp. Red tape, getting her a passport, someone in the UK sorting out her arrest, sorting out travel. It's sad the baby died, really is because he was an innocent in all the mess the mother created for him. But like him or loathe him, Javid is not responsible for the actions of every runaway who wishes to join a terrorist group.

Meanwhile, 2 more isis brides have been stripped of their citizenship.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...-as-shamima-begum-row-continues-a4087446.html
'Possibly' is a better outcome than simply relinquishing oneself of responsibility.
It is hardly a role model of democratic government.
If the rest of the world emulates our example we'll have all sorts of dangerous individuals and groups roaming wherever they can gain access, to cause mayhem and terror.

I didn't suggest that SJ, the UK, or any other government or their agent should be "responsible for the actions of every runaway who wishes to join a terrorist group."
I'm guessing that was not your intended meaning.
However, the UK ought to take responsibility for its own failings and not simply absolve itself of responsibility by the questionable processes at its disposal.

She's right.

We should not outsource our radicalisation failures to other countries.

She isnt right, just an excuse to make political capital.

Terrorism sets out to create division and undermine democracy, we should focus on that

'Possibly' is a better outcome than simply relinquishing oneself of responsibility.
It is hardly a role model of democratic government.
If the rest of the world emulates our example we'll have all sorts of dangerous individuals and groups roaming wherever they can gain access, to cause mayhem and terror.

I didn't suggest that SJ, the UK, or any other government or their agent should be "responsible for the actions of every runaway who wishes to join a terrorist group."
I'm guessing that was not your intended meaning.
However, the UK ought to take responsibility for its own failings and not simply absolve itself of responsibility by the questionable processes at its disposal.
What failings? What did the UK do?

And I disagreed with your 'probably' because you hadn't taken into account the amount of red tape it would've taken to get her home within 2 weeks. Possibly less as I don't know how long it takes for a baby to die of pneumonia. THAT is what I was talking about.

Sponsored Links
Terrorism sets out to create division and undermine democracy, we should focus on that
And when the opportunity presents itself to arrest and try these terrorist we should welcome it.
Unless you are of the opinion that we should unleash bombs on them, creating 'collateral damage' in the process. Or just leave these terrorists to their fate in refugee camps.
Neither option is an acceptable, civilised, responsible response.

What failings? What did the UK do?
Failed to prevent radicalisation, failed to be aware of it when it occurred, and failed to prevent people travelling, especially on other people's passports, to join terrorists groups.
It then abdicated its responsibility to rectify its previous failings.

Failed to prevent radicalisation, failed to be aware of it when it occurred, and failed to prevent people travelling, especially on other people's passports, to join terrorists groups.
Only a SJW would complain a government has failed to prrvent radicalisation.

Typical attitude of a wet snowflake.

We must never forget that it is the terrorists that have done evil.

Oh do behave. Since when has the UK been responsible with what a stupid child looks at on the internet? How would they even know what she was going to do and that she was going to run away? What about the family? They had a bigger responsibility - they saw her every day, unlike the UK government and must've seen signs. Will you only be happy if every thought, every action is controlled by the gov? George Orwell's 1984 is a novel....

The only thing the UK did wrong was that she got through passport control. Everything else she is responsible for herself and ISIS.

Dunno how all these Isis fighters end up in captivity any way ?

Like them 2 they called the Beatles ? They should have all been stood up against the nearest wall imho

The only thing the UK did wrong was that she got through passport control. Everything else she is responsible for herself and ISIS.
Dissociating myself from your initial comments,
The UK failed to prevent the exit of Shemima. It then compounded those omissions by failing to present a responsible international role model, then failed to honour its international responsibilities in two ways, arresting, trying and if possible punishing an offence, and also taking one more potential terrorist out of circulation.

I am not and have not denied the responsibility that Shemima ought to bear, but the death of a child is not an appropriate punishment.
The abdication of responsibility is not, and should not be, an acceptable action of a UK minister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back