HS2: The most unsurprising news.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A large number of people would have died before reaching old age. This would cut costs of NHS and social care enormously.

I have my ideas on that but I will leave it to motorbiking whether he chooses to reply.
He didn't post a source, so we weren't able to comment on his "fact".

here is UK
Gridded-UK-population-density-based-on-the-UK-census-at-the-5-km-5-km-grid-spatial.ppm

and here is france
france-population-map.jpg

He didn't post a source, so we weren't able to comment on his "fact".

here is UK
Gridded-UK-population-density-based-on-the-UK-census-at-the-5-km-5-km-grid-spatial.ppm

and here is france
france-population-map.jpg
Wales and large parts of Scotland look ripe for development and of course the countryside where take back control brexxers love to stop any new building.

Blup

just because there is space, doesn't mean people want to live there.

half a dozen houses in staffs for less than the cost of a ULEZ complaint car.

AFTER scrapping HS2 and abandoning levelling up, the Conservatives have confirmed that ‘It’s grim up North’ is now official government policy.

Ministers say there is no hope for the area of the UK between Birmingham and Gretna Green, so they are simply going to acknowledge it is dreadful and leave it to its own devices.

A government spokesman said: “We’ve tried with the North. Sort of. We wittered some stuff about the ‘Northern Powerhouse’ and what have you, but no one could really be arsed with it because it’s outside the M25.

“So we’re scrapping everything and letting Northerners return to their lives of whippets, flat caps, pies, rain and soot. Actually that’s an unfair stereotype. These days they’re more into benefits scrounging, smoking spice and being so fat they need a mobility scooter aged 30.

“However they’re happy with their unbearably bleak existence as they’re simple folk and don’t really want complicated, modern things like high-speed rail links or multimillion pound investments forced on them.

“What will we spend the £36 billion we’ve saved on? Probably things we Conservatives feel are important, like private jets, wine fridges and focus groups telling Rishi the public hate him. We might fill in a couple of potholes if we can be bothered. Actually let’s not.”

Nikki Hollis, from Sheffield, said: “It’ll be slightly less grim now those awful ****s and their demented conference have f**ked off.”

I liken all this 'Northern Powerhouse' and 'Northern Development Zsar' etc to the stuff we've heard over the past couple of decades re 'saving the high street.'

They're not going to 'level up' the north just as most high streets can't be saved, not in their current guise anyway.

I wonder how many of the (red wall?) will still lend the tories their vote come next GE?

What the HS2 ought to have been, is a proper job - all the way, London to Edinburgh, dropping off a various point along the way. Anything less, was a total waste of money, and should never have been begun as a lesser project. The further it went, the more value it had in time savings, the more use it would get, the more profitable.

To expend so much on planning, cause so much blight and misery, to those along the proposed route, was a disgusting shambles.

I only use public transport for short distances, the buses as an alternative to getting the car out. Longer distances, I have always driven, so trains have never offered me any benefit, but I can sympathise with those who do need to use them.

I think the train will have had its day for high speed long distance transport. We aren’t too far away from, hybrid fuelled air travel. No farms destroyed, not billions spent on track and no unions with their foot on the throat of commuters.

Sponsored Links
Back