I was in a Hezbollah tunnel

Also, please note that Palestinians are the only group of refugees in the world (there are about 117 million refugees worldwide) where refugee status is hereditary.
I was just pointing out that the UNHCR view could be expanded given the time to when refugees could return,. Children could figure. Depends how long the period is. Not supporting the idea but wondering what the actual legal framework is.

I also wonder how many would return or if some should be allowed to because of where they are. That would depend on how they are treated. It varies even in terms of where from west bank or gaza strip. They are really limited in Lebanon for instance. Jordan depends on where from. Egypt rather weird as it seems some can still go there but money needed going on one interview, Odd bits around a bit here

Sponsored Links
Also, please note that Palestinians are the only group of refugees in the world (there are about 117 million refugees worldwide) where refugee status is hereditary.

That's interesting.

So in your view, a man of generations of European heritage from, say, Poland, cannot claim that his homeland is in the Middle East.

He could, but he’s not a refugee
And a man who was born in the Middle East, with generations of Middle Eastern heritage in the same area, and displaced by armed foreign terrorists, you think does not have that right.

Sponsored Links
And a man who was born in the Middle East, with generations of Middle Eastern heritage in the same area, and displaced by armed foreign terrorists, you think does not have that right.

He does in my opinion, but that right doesn't pass down through generations and there is no basis in law allowing for it.
That's interesting.

So in your view, a man of generations of European heritage from, say, Poland, cannot claim that his homeland is in the Middle East.

There is no basis in international law. But Aliyah, the right of jews from anywhere in the world is a domestic law passed in Israel in 1950 allowing jews to migrate to Israel and take up citizenship. Israel are a sovereign state and as such entitled to pass such laws.
As somebody who had Irish parents, I'm entitled to an Irish passport and can claim Irish citizenship. There is nothing in international law that allows for this, it's a domestic arrangement between UK and Eire.

You’re waffling John.

Make your point please.

Sponsored Links
Back