Indirect water cylinder

what does mSS mean
Don't know but see attached extracted from a manual for indirect. I have read a term mWC (meters water column). This is similar to mine but a bigger tank volume (500 litres). I am assuming mine with a lower flow rate than 6.5m3/hr would have less mWC (~1m?).
heat only boiler then that 6M Wilo will also be fin
Its a heat only boiler with no pump inside it. I have bought an external wilo pump (pico) with 6m head.

Not sure about pipe size to use and hence the question: should 22mm be fine considering the boiler has 22mm flow and return pipe to it. or go with 28mm pipe.

Attachments

• mwc.png
    mwc.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 5
Sponsored Links
Don't know but see attached extracted from a manual for indirect. I have read a term mWC (meters water column). This is similar to mine but a bigger tank volume (500 litres). I am assuming mine with a lower flow rate than 6.5m3/hr would have less mWC (~1m?).
That would only be true if the same coil is used in your cylinder, which I doubt, IF it was the same coil and assuming you will circulate 1.0m3/hr max then the coil resistance would fall to 2.9*(1/6.5)squared, 0.06mWc which is only 2.4inches, highy unlikely IMO, I still think you will be fine but no harm in asking the supplier to clarify this with Alarko, I tried emailing them just now but getting "address not found".

Its a heat only boiler with no pump inside it. I have bought an external wilo pump (pico) with 6m head.

Not sure about pipe size to use and hence the question: should 22mm be fine considering the boiler has 22mm flow and return pipe to it. or go with 28mm pipe.
I have one of those 6m Wilo Yonos Pico pumps, a lovely pump with infinite settings in Constant Pressure & Proportional Pressue modes.

I dont think you will have any problem with 22mm piping.

One other thing, you quote a cylinder capacity of 120L but one would think the model "160" is 160L capacity?, even better.
Will your (boiler) system be sealed??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back