Israel under attack

From the (publicised version) of the IDF manual:
Human Dignity

The IDF and our soldiers are obligated to protect human dignity. Every individual is of inherent value, regardless of their ethnicity, religion, nationality, gender or status.

The reality:
The UN said four of its schools being used as shelters had been damaged and warned water shortages were worsening.
The Hamas-run health ministry says over 9,000 Palestinians have been killed.
On Thursday the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) said four of its schools being used as shelters hade been damaged in less than 24 hours.
At least 20 people were reportedly killed at a school in the Jabalia refugee camp, UNRWA said, while a child was reportedly killed at a school-turned-shelter in the Beach refugee camp.
One extremely graphic video, filmed at an elementary school in the Jabalia refugee camp in northern Gaza, shows the aftermath, first outside the main gate of the school and then in the main courtyard.
At least 20 people, either dead or injured, can be seen on the ground, including men, women and children.
The second video, filmed at the main courtyard of a primary school in Beach refugee camp, also in northern Gaza but near the Mediterranean coast, shows a plume of smoke rising from behind the main building of the school.
Several people, including children, run for safety in the courtyard, while some residents of the camp watch from the windows above. A series of explosions can be heard in the background of the video. The last one, the loudest, causes the crowd in the courtyard to flee in panic.
Hamas authorities in Gaza blamed Israeli air strikes. The IDF has not yet commented.

The BBC has verified two videos from the schools.

The problem: To believe the (publicised version) of the IDF manual, or believe the various media accounts of what is happening in front of our eyes, and with the blessing of US and UK governments.

Sponsored Links
Three state - do you mean to include Jerusalem as a neutral state in itself, like the Vatican City, divided between the Christian and Orthodox Church, Jew and Arab?
Christians not bothered with Jerusalem, their capital moved to he Vatican years ago.
You're conveniently ignoring the imprisoning of about 7,000 Palestinians without trial, the killing of about 5,500 Palestinians and the forced evictions of about 750,000 Palestinians from their homes, all before the 7 October attack.

Roy the Hamas has spoken!
Truth hurts does it.

Now we've imported wave after wave of people who seemingly hate the Jews and the British by successive governments in their wisdom, what do think will be the outcome of this march in support of the Palestinians on the 11th of this month.
Its called freedom of speech and expression thank you, whats good tor the goose is good for the gander.

Now we've imported wave after wave of people who seemingly hate the Jews and the British by successive governments in their wisdom, what do think will be the outcome of this march in support of the Palestinians on the 11th of this month.
Gant shows his inherent racism by demonising all asylum seekers.

Sponsored Links
How about the cowardly attacks by israelis, settlers and IDF on Palestinians? Dont the Palestinians have the right to fight back?
Irrespective of whether Israel did the attacks that you accuse them of, Hamas do not have the right to target civilians for slaughter, torture, beheading, mutilation and kidnapping in the way that they did.

No one has that right.

You're conveniently ignoring the imprisoning of about 7,000 Palestinians without trial, the killing of about 5,500 Palestinians and the forced evictions of about 750,000 Palestinians from their homes, all before the 7 October attack.

This is Israel's conduct towards the Palestinians in the occupied territories.
It's hardly surprising that Hamas is in an armed struggle against it's military occupiers.
An armed struggled doesn't involve the deliberate and indescriminate targeting of civilians in the way that Hamas did on 7th October. There was no attempt to target the Israeli military, Police or politicians. This was anti semitic terrorism, pure and simple. You demean yourself with your refusal to condemm this attack and your support for Hamas.

Christians not bothered with Jerusalem, their capital moved to he Vatican years ago.

Truth hurts does it.
Orthodox Christians still remain in Jerusalem. The Armenian quarter is the oldest enclave - and they support an independent Palestine.
Ask the Patriarch what he thinks.

Irrespective of whether Israel did the attacks that you accuse them of, Hamas do not have the right to target civilians for slaughter, torture, beheading, mutilation and kidnapping in the way that they did.

No one has that right.
No-one has suggested that they do. I've said it's not surprising, it should have been expected, even it may have been expected but was allowed to happen in order for the Zionists to start a war, and decimate the Palestinian population, even driving the Palestinians out of Gaza.
But, no-one has the right to target innocent civilians. That is simply a baseless accusation on your part.
However some of the accusations against Hamas, must be viewed with a little suspicion.
If you want an excuse to start a war, then of course you're going to make the utmost capital out of the event.

An armed struggled doesn't involve the deliberate and indescriminate targeting of civilians in the way that Hamas did on 7th October. There was no attempt to target the Israeli military, Police or politicians.
The Israeli military were targetted. I believe about 13 IDF soldiers were killed, but they're rarely mentioned. They were totally unprepared for the attack. The border, at that point, was not monitored (apparently), which is surprising for such a situation, especially in light of the intense monitoring of the border in other places.
As the UN said, the attack did not occur in a vacuum. Years of pent-up frustration with the Israeli actions against Palestinian civilians will understandably ignite desires for revenge.
But no-one has suggested that the revenge is excusable, from either side, understandable, yes, excusable, no.

And let's not forget that Hamas was born out of the armed struggle against Israeli cruel conduct toward Palestinians for decades.
They didn't occur in a vacuum. They were elected by the people of Gaza out of dissillusion of Fatah inactivity and lack of progress. (and Israeli promotion as an alternative to Fatah.)

What question?
Oh so you was only interested in the part of the post of where you thought you could accuse me of being racist.
Dismissing the part where I asked what do you think will be the outcome of the march in support of the Palastinians on the 11th of this month.

Oh so you was only interested in the part of the post of where you thought you could accuse me of being racist.
Dismissing the part where I asked what do you think will be the outcome of the march in support of the Palastinians on the 11th of this month.
Oh that one?
As you didn't put a question mark at the end of your 'question', I thought it was rhetorical and an answer was not required, nor expected.

But in response to your'question', what makes you think I know what will be the outcome of this march? I hadn't given it any thought. I was not aware of it. I have no intention of speculating what will be the outcome of some events in the near future.
As you obviously have given it some thought, what do you think will be the outcome?

The Israeli bombardment of Gaza has now killed as many civilians in 4 weeks that Russia killed in over a year and a half.

The killing of innocent civilians is so serious that:
The US's top diplomat is meeting Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu - he's seeking "concrete steps" to minimise harm to civilians in Gaza

It's in London, quite a big one by all accounts and is more of interest than discussing what's going on in Palestine which can't be affected by what's said on here. The consequences could be quite devastating if it gets out of control.

Sponsored Links
Back