it seems that he's gone :-)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... every single trace of him seemingly totally vanished, including his thread here, with all our responses to his posts!

The mods have clearly been working hard!

Sponsored Links
Who?

Attachments

• crystal_ball.jpg
    crystal_ball.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 13
Sponsored Links
I still haven't worked out whether he was a genuine idiot that happened to come across this place, or whether it was someone on the wind-up!

The fact that he pinched a photo from a year old thread and made out it was his fitting should have been a clue.

Thing is that if he'd just stuck to one thread, not many threads he may have been around for longer

I still haven't worked out whether he was a genuine idiot that happened to come across this place, or whether it was someone on the wind-up!
Yes definitely a troll.
If it had been left to winding up you lot on his own thread, then that would have been one thing, but he was responding to genuine DIY'ers first posts, with nonsense responses - that is not good for an advice forums reputation.
Hence every nonsense post got a report by me, and I'm sure many others.

Screenshot_20240907-020243_Chrome.jpg

Another identity of Himmy.
Note how my posts highlighting his wrongdoings disappear...

It is a poor way to do things whoever did it. I would be good manners to explain then lock it but just to remove it is very bad form indeed!
As a general practice, I agree.

However, if I recall correctly, he had only been a member of DIYnot for 2 or 3 days, and I think, perhaps not unreasonably, when someone appears and is 'bad news' from the start, the policy/practice of DIYnot (and many other places) is simply to 'erase all trace' of them.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back