Leaking new shower door

Unfortunately I have to disagree, a fair number don't - the big online wholesalers do, i.e. the large web based bods are the worst but a lot of the more specific retailers all carry branded mainstream manufacturers hardware.

The key is price and brand - don't buy cheap weird sounding named hardware without reviewing it and ideally have somewhere it can be taken it back to.
I am not a plumber... the plumbers whom I recommend would not go out of their way to complain if there was no reason to complain in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I have to disagree, a fair number don't - the big online wholesalers do, i.e. the large web based bods are the worst but a lot of the more specific retailers all carry branded mainstream manufacturers hardware.

The key is price and brand - don't buy cheap weird sounding named hardware without reviewing it and ideally have somewhere it can be taken it back to.
I have to say "this"

Victoria plumbing as well as some others, must be said do look alikes at dirt cheap prices.

If you notice anything branded they sell is not as competitive.

Lawrence should hang his head in shame.

It clearly doesn't like this way round so perhaps it was on the correct way all along for this model ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240731_130851.jpg
    IMG_20240731_130851.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 20
Sponsored Links
Looks like it might be the wrong seal, may need a pre-curved seal to fit that screen properly
Either that or it was curved to start with and you did have it on the right way to start with? I'd certainly be looking to get a pre-curved seal for that though if that one's causing problems.

I fitted one similar at our last house. The seal needs trimming at the hinge to fit closely around it. Can’t post a pic of ours as we moved out last December.

It was VP but a small corner bath so didn’t get the worst of the shower but it didn’t leak. Seal was replaced after 2 years as it went yellow with one from Toolstation IIRC and that didn’t leak either. Long leg of seal to the inside and silicone under the hinge, IIRC the bottom part doesn’t turn

What I can't understand is its getting through under the sealant I did both sides of the bracket base that doesn't move. This is ridiculous.

Attachments

• IMG_20240813_103257.jpg
    IMG_20240813_103257.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back