Lucy Letby case - Evidence discussion thread

I have twice given (witness) statements to the Police.

With regard to one incident, it was a verbatim - literally; even down to the "erms" and "errs" - transcription of what I said.

In the second instance though, it was a loose facsimile, and really the rozzer's own version of what I had actually said.
As it was materially-accurate though (and I'd been kept waiting for most of a day, and was thinking "why bother trying to help?"), I wasn't going to go through the whole thing again.
I hope you got off! Seriously though who writes a confession on brightly coloured post its then keeps them as evidence.

Sponsored Links
Judge Rinder now saying there was more than reasonable doubt in this case. Let's hope the lessons of the post office sub postmasters means the process of reviewing the case wont be unduly delayed

I hope you got off! Seriously though who writes a confession on brightly coloured post its then keeps them as evidence.

Only someone who is deeply disturbed, by what is happening around her/him. That, at least, should have been thrown out of court. She was so very disturbed by the accusations, she was beginning to perhaps be convinced herself, that the accusations were true.

Sponsored Links
I was replying to your post where you said........"There is even the possibility that another killer framed her."......When I said........"With her confessions, how would that work.

By the way, they were not confessions the police got out of her, but written confessions at home prior to her arrest.
Just why would she do that?
Because people can be manipulated into feeling guilty and even confessing guilt. If you were constantly told that bad things happened because of your incompetence, you might start to believe it.

Because people can be manipulated into feeling guilty and even confessing guilt. If you were constantly told that bad things happened because of your incompetence, you might start to believe it.

Exactly! When the mind is put under extreme stress, a person can be convinced to believe almost anything - even the memory can play tricks.

Right or wrong, it will inevitably drag on until those who made the case/decision are retired or dead...

The 'system' cannot be seen to be at fault ;)

And the 'system' now ensures that should a person be wrongly imprisoned then it is virtually impossible to get any form of compensation...

The 'system' cares not about guilt or innocence!

More evidence against her. Time in another hospital. For some reason breathing tube problems increased by rather large amount compared with when she wasn't there.

Heard via the TV so no link.

More evidence against her. Time in another hospital. For some reason breathing tube problems increased by rather large amount compared with when she wasn't there.

Heard via the TV so no link.
She was said to have been supervised at the her time in Liverpool, and the events occurred during 40% of her shifts. Guilt by association from an inquiry that hasn't been set up to find guilt. I am not saying she is innocent, because she has been found guilty, but if statistical correlations are to be relied upon, the inquiry should bring in the experts who have expressed concerns.

"It is unusual, and you will hear that it occurs generally in less than 1% of shifts."
The audit found that there were recorded incidents of the tubes being dislodged on 40% of the shifts Letby worked at Liverpool Womens' Hospital.

As usual it's incomplete really which is why statisticians complain. What is really needed is a long term record of these events and then any changes while she was there that went when she left. The long term record can give a better statistical view of how often and variations. Assuming all incidents are recorded - we are dealing with humans.

Sponsored Links
Back