Meet the people in work but living rough on the streets

Sponsored Links
True, I've never been bothered to deal in scrap metal, except as a convenient way to dispose of stuff like batteries, etc.
But I'll happilly pay a little extra for the seller of a new battery to dispose of the old one.
I use scrapyards a lot.

Absolute pain proving identity and bank account derails.

But it's done every time. I'm on 1st name terms at 3 yards but still happens.

Gnat is probably thinking back 10 years or so

Sponsored Links
Liquid lunch?
as expected, Gant has no backbone.

Gant tried to claim I had made up refugees in my village…..but when presented with the evidence, Gant doesnt have the courage to apologise.

the right never want to think about asylum seekers as actual people….no it’s easier for them to dehumanise them making it easier to call them scroungers

as expected, Gant has no backbone.

Gant tried to claim I had made up refugees in my village…..but when presented with the evidence, Gant doesnt have the courage to apologise.
Go on state where I said you had made up refugee's in your village.
Seems my post was to nuanced for you.

Go on state where I said you had made up refugee's in your village.
Seems my post was to nuanced for you.
But you felt the need to make an issue of a fictitious hotel that revealed you haven't a clue what your on about. You couldn't work out asylum seekers have access to mobile phones.
:rolleyes:

People living rough on the streets but in work

Yeah and 8 million squid a day spent on hotels ect for migrants coming across the channel in rubber boats ???

this is a well used lazy argument used by the right.

The reason old people don’t take arduous, dangerous journeys is because they don’t have the stamina

The reason children don’t often take arduous, dangerous journeys is because they don’t have the stamina and when family units travel, it increases the risk of failure

The reason women often don’t travel is because they are at risk from rape and also have less stamina.

So mostly it’s young single men or men hoping go get asylum and then apply for their wives.

The old, the children, the women are either displaced in their country or living in refugee camps

and before you start trying to use false equivalence with Ukraine: the men there stay because they are supported by the govt to fight for their country.

the men from Syria, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan are persecuted by their home country. That’s the difference

I can provide links and quotes to support the above….but you aren’t interested in evidence, only pushing Daily Mail tropes

But why do they leave a safe country (France), risk their lives on inflatables, pay smugglers £1000s for the privilige - to come to another safe country??? Often destroying their passports, etc???

Those aren't the actions of genuine refugees/asylum seekers are they???

Sponsored Links
Back