Miserable 4 days in hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
My current experience of the NHS is very positive.

My 91 year old father became ill at home and being a cussed old person wont go into hospital.

They have a rapid response team to help.

So far 4 doctor visits, 2 nurses everyday from rapid response and now district nurse, occupational therapist visit, social services to visit. Special mattress, seat cushion, bed frame rails, additional zimmer type frame.

The social services visit will be a care plan assessment, at which point we will need to arrange self funded care.

My current experience of the NHS is very positive.

My 91 year old father became ill at home and being a cussed old person wont go into hospital.

They have a rapid response team to help.

So far 4 doctor visits, 2 nurses everyday from rapid response and now district nurse, occupational therapist visit, social services to visit. Special mattress, seat cushion, bed frame rails, additional zimmer type frame.

The social services visit will be a care plan assessment, at which point we will need to arrange self funded care.

Depends very much where you live as to whether you receive adequate service or whether you're left to die. I'm going to assume you don't live within 100miles of London

Sponsored Links
I spent 5 days/6 nights in West Suffolk hospital cardiology in mid November and cannot fault it.
Well looked after, food was good and you had a choice from a decent menu and the staff were brilliant. Cleanliness was also a major factor with cleaners coming round every morning followed by an inspector who would check random items areas. I would also rate our GP service very highly as well. They not only treat you but explain what the problem is, why they treat it the way they do and what the outcome should be. Only downfall to our GP is the receptionists, (sorry, Care Navigators as they now call themselves), who tell you there are no appointments for about 2 weeks, unless of course you phone on the day and ask for an emergency appointment. :whistle:

Broke ankle Friday night , out yesterday, can confirm our NHS service is still crap and the food worse.Shame because most of the staff were fine.
Its not the fekin ritz,,,you ungrateful sod

Well any dealings myself or my family have had with the NHS has been first class...

The only problems arising have been to do with delays in appointments (non emergencies), but then I guess you're bound to get that when the government(s) in charge believe in the private sector!

Having used health services in several countries, I know which one is the best 'national one' imo!
I agree with you..My emergency dealings with the NHS emergency and hospital treatments,has been first class.For the whinges,,,check out US treatment,,,itemised down to the square of loo rolll no doubt..Whinging about NHS food,,,really fekin boils my p...s

I spent 5 days/6 nights in West Suffolk hospital cardiology in mid November and cannot fault it.
Well looked after, food was good and you had a choice from a decent menu and the staff were brilliant. Cleanliness was also a major factor with cleaners coming round every morning followed by an inspector who would check random items areas. I would also rate our GP service very highly as well. They not only treat you but explain what the problem is, why they treat it the way they do and what the outcome should be. Only downfall to our GP is the receptionists, (sorry, Care Navigators as they now call themselves), who tell you there are no appointments for about 2 weeks, unless of course you phone on the day and ask for an emergency appointment. :whistle:
Agreed,first class...despite the obvious pressure some staff are under.

Well it didn't happen and he's not the Health Secrstary.
It's happening slowly, and will accelerate after a trade 'deal' with the US...

And he was the health secretary when he took a 'bung' from private healthcare investors...
(as do many other MP's)
He also co-authored a publication that called for the NHS to be 'replaced by an insurance system.'
And his aunt (whom he inherited his parliamentary seat from) is a big player in private healthcare.

Depends very much where you live as to whether you receive adequate service or whether you're left to die. I'm going to assume you don't live within 100miles of London
My father lives in Edenbridge, Kent about 35miles from London

My father lives in Edenbridge, Kent about 35miles from London

But not London.

By the way I'm very happy your father did experience good treatment and everyone that does. Trouble is from the accounts I get and my own personal experience of the NHS, it's not always the case.

But not London.

By the way I'm very happy your father did experience good treatment and everyone that does. Trouble is from the accounts I get and my own personal experience of the NHS, it's not always the case.
Nothing is 100% great 100% of the time..Then again some people are ungrateful and always find something to moan about

Broke ankle Friday night , out yesterday, can confirm our NHS service is still crap and the food worse.Shame because most of the staff were fine.
As already said,,more to this story, no 5 day stays in hospital purely with broken ankle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back