Miserable 4 days in hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whinging about NHS food,,,really fekin boils my p...s
Lol. Wasn’t it the broadcaster Danny Baker who tweeted something like ‘Royal Marsden hospital, terrible food but hey, they cured my cancer so I suppose I shouldn’t moan'.....

Sponsored Links
Lol. Wasn’t it the broadcaster Danny Baker who tweeted something like ‘Royal Marsden hospital, terrible food but hey, they cured my cancer so I suppose I shouldn’t moan'.....
Indeed,,,

Sponsored Links
I love hospital food.

Sorry to hear. I can imagine it's very frustrating
The food itself looked good, just they have no idea how to distribute it, they covered each plate with plastic lid, the resulting condensation left the food soaking wet, fried fish and chips does not look good when it’s been steaming for 20 mins.

The food itself looked good, just they have no idea how to distribute it, they covered each plate with plastic lid, the resulting condensation left the food soaking wet, fried fish and chips does not look good when it’s been steaming for 20 mins.

I think its because, when I was a child I was in for dehydration. On a number of times I could go days on a drip and no food for thus time if not longer.

After that anything would taste great

I spent 10 days in hospital once and the food inedible, such strange concoctions. When on morphine and feeling sick, these concoctions just couldn't be stomached. I asked all my friends and family to bring in home made cheese sarnies on lovely fresh bread. Perfect :)

All things aside, food should be reasonably edible because it's also an important part of recovery. If someone's not eating, or like me, lucky to have had friends to bring in grub, then recovery is slower. There's also massive waste in food in the NHS because people just can't eat it, it's so bad!

Why ring ambulance for ankle problem,,
Had my foot run over at Sains car park once. It was ok, bit bruised, nerve damage and split skin but the supermarket phoned an ambulance - they're obliged. Quite embarrassing to be honest!

I spent 10 days in hospital once and the food inedible, such strange concoctions. When on morphine and feeling sick, these concoctions just couldn't be stomached. I asked all my friends and family to bring in home made cheese sarnies on lovely fresh bread. Perfect :)

All things aside, food should be reasonably edible because it's also an important part of recovery. If someone's not eating, or like me, lucky to have had friends to bring in grub, then recovery is slower. There's also massive waste in food in the NHS because people just can't eat it, it's so bad!
As said,can’t please everyone.

Day 17 , should have had appmt to remove sutures and check ankle 3 days ago, no appmt letter and phone calls every day get no response.
May take them out myself .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back