Modifications and insurance

Sponsored Links
Yes, no such clause permitting use of pattern parts exist in your T&C. Thanks for confirming.

Anyone else wants to confirm too?
If it doesnt say I cant, then I'm ok. How about you?

What about cars that are out of production, like historic cars for example. Parts that are no longer available from dealers for older cars.
Parts that are not available quickly for more modern cars?

Give up. I don't know what your knowledge field is in the world, but it isn't cars and the aftermarket.

Sponsored Links
If it doesn't specifically say that you can't use aftermarket parts, you can.
They don't specify things that you can do, they specify only things that you cannot do.

Yes, no such clause permitting use of pattern parts exist in your T&C. Thanks for confirming.

Anyone else wants to confirm too?
Is there any clause permitting to change a wheel when you have a puncture?
What do you do in such eventuality?
Do you call the insurance and let them know that you're fitting the emergency skinny wheel?
Nutter!

Is there any clause permitting to change a wheel when you have a puncture?
What do you do in such eventuality?
Do you call the insurance and let them know that you're fitting the emergency skinny wheel?
Nutter!
The supplied skinny wheel is manufacturer approved. Notification is not required. If you use a non-approved skinny wheel, you should notify or risk invalidation.

Is there a clause prohibiting the use of pattern parts?
Yes. The T&C only references approved parts. Anything not in the T&C, the insurer did not agree to and therefore cannot pay out for. Additionally, they are justified to claimed against you costs arising out of mandatory pay outs to third parties. They are further justified to claim legal and administration costs from you. Throughout, you have to pay for your own legal costs - at the minimum, thousands if you are quite lucky and manage to find a cheapskate solicitor.

If it doesnt say I cant
That's not how contract law works. If it doesn't say you can, then you can't and shouldn't. You can if you insist. Then the agreement with the insurer is no longer valid. The agreement is made in full or not at all. There's no such thing as a partial invalidation.

Have you turned yourself in at the local police station and reported yourself for driving without valid insurance yet?
I have not read my T&C yet. It's completely possible I have the pattern parts allowed clause. I suggest you read you own to get a peace of mind. But, all your customers will surely claim against you if you have inadvertently invalidated all their insurances through the use of pattern parts?

Last edited:
The supplied skinny wheel is manufacturer approved. Notification is not required. If you use a non-approved skinny wheel, you should notify or risk invalidation.

Yes. The T&C only references approved parts. Anything not in the T&C, the insurer did not agree to and therefore cannot pay out for. Additionally, they are justified to claimed against you costs arising out of mandatory pay outs to third parties. They are further justified to claim legal and administration costs from you. Throughout, you have to pay for your own legal costs - at the minimum, thousands if you are quite lucky and managed to find a cheapskate solicitor.

That's not how contract law works. If it doesn't say you can, then you can't and shouldn't. You can if you insist. Then the agreement with the insurer is no longer valid.

I have not read my T&C yet. It's completely possible I have the pattern parts allowed clause. I suggest you read you own to get a peace of mind. But, all you customers will surely claim against you if you have inadvertently invalidated all their insurances through the use of pattern parts?
Do you actually have a licence to drive yet ?

I don't own the car, the DVLA does.
I don't know why I keep posting, you're not taking anything in. Actually I do. It is so people finding this thread are nit musled by you.

But explain how dvla owns your car .

As for pattern parts being legal or not. Just ask your insurance, see if they are OK with your car being serviced using pattern parts.

But explain how dvla owns your car .
I seem to have to teach you all the ropes. Are you a junior/apprentice mech recently got into the trade? Have you considered doing something different? I could tell your natural calling is elsewhere.

As for pattern parts being legal or not.
Pretty sure they are legal if they are sold on amazon. Not too sure if on ebay. Legal or not, the insurer doesn't cover anything they haven't agreed to.

I seem to have to teach you all the ropes. Are you a junior/apprentice mech recently got into the trade? Have you considered doing something different? I could tell your natural calling is elsewhere.

Pretty sure they are legal if they are sold on amazon. Not too sure if on ebay. Legal or not, the insurer doesn't cover anything they haven't agreed to.
Yes I'm only a beginner.

If you read the v5c it clearly states it is not proof of ownership. Other documents are required for that.

Give up on the pattern parts argument. They are perfectly acceptable (If of reasonable quality) and do not affect your insurance in any way.

Performance and value enhancing items are different. You need to understand the difference.

Sponsored Links
Back