MP dodges TAX

Major issue? Not in the scale of things.

But if you do consider it major, then there are some huge cases ongoing.
If you consider £1500 a trivial matter, lets see you donate a tenth of that to a well deserving charity. A foodbank charity would be good.

Sponsored Links
A declaration was due, it wasn’t submitted. Tax due wasn’t paid when it should have been

We don't know these things. The article you posted makes it clear that if either a modest amount of improvements were made, or if her house was nominated as the main residence, there would be no tax liability at all. Also, we don't know whether she made a declaration.

There does indeed appear to be some odd behaviour given the marriage and stated addresses. It’s hard to explain that this wasn’t to leverage/avoid rules

When two people who both already own their own properties get married, it is extremely common to keep both for a few years whilst they decide what to do in the long term. What she did isn't odd at all. Which rules do you think she was trying to avoid/leverage, and how did her behaviour achieve that?

If you consider £1500 a trivial matter, lets see you donate a tenth of that to a well deserving charity. A foodbank charity would be good.

It's a few meals/nights out for many people, or a not particularly expensive new bed, or a fancy new TV, or a cheapish holiday. We need some perspective.

Last edited:
The bloke told me he would terminate the call if I continued to be "abusive"......
Good thing you weren’t a sub postmaster. I was always sceptical about signs that said abuse of our staff won’t be tolerated, it really means dont challenge us in any way.

Sponsored Links
Isn’t it odd how Mottie is so concerned about £1500

Yet Mottie isn’t bothered at all about Tory govt giving Michelle Mone and her husband £200 million

Mottie says “£200m is a trivial matter when it’s something to do with my team”

A declaration was due, it wasn’t submitted. Tax due wasn’t paid when it should have been. HMRC can charge interest and a fine.

There does indeed appear to be some odd behaviour given the marriage and stated addresses. It’s hard to explain that this wasn’t to leverage/avoid rules
I’ve not seen you mention Tory govt giving Michelle Mone £200 million

Obviously it’s fine when it’s the team you vote for.

If Angela Rayner and husband have broken rules, that is 100% wrong and it needs to be dealt with….but your phoney outrage is simply political point scoring

She wasn't but for correctness lets say "Nothing to do with ‘Tory faithful' but possible tax fraud by the now deputy labour leader? Yeah, I’d say that’s a major issue, wouldn’t you?" That's better. ;)
I would have to say that the rules should be applied fairly to everyone.

You surely aren't suggesting that motorbiking posted disparaging rumour and made it out to be fact?

I am not usually involved in these types of discussions, so I don't know if he has previous. As a lawyer, I wouldn't expect him to.

You've got to love the irony that the man behind these rumours is Lord Ashcroft. The £1500 he is so worried about is roughly what he would pay a partner at a top City firm per hour for advice on avoiding UK tax.

Last edited:
The £1500 he is so worried about is roughly what he would pay a partner at a top City firm per hour for advice on avoiding UK tax.
;) In his case I suspect it takes more than 1hr. I think Starmer has expressed an interest in looking at the loopholes that are used.

I'm the scale of tax issues and mp scandals, how high on the list do you put it?

It needs investigating, but I doubt the hmrc would spend much time and money over it. Until now its been made into a political issue of course

Sponsored Links
Back