NI Protocol - Windsor Framework

Is that why labour are backing it then?
Labour can’t really not support a deal which rather matches their policy.

Its good for the country, so Labour have to support it, even if it helps Tory polling.

Sponsored Links
It's adult politics

And the right thing to do. (y)

I don't see this giving the Tories a long term boost, in any event. They might be overestimating how much people in the rest of the UK are aware of, or care about, the importing problems in Northern Ireland.

Sponsored Links
As others have said, it looks very similar to May's version.

But that wasn't good enough at the time.

Times change

Haven’t heard any real poo pooing from the regular Brexit naysayers on here yet which is unusual.
Somone's getting their knickers in a right twist. I think they’ve had a hard night shift at the care home and have had to change one set of bedsheets too many. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This completes brexhit, now having taken back control of our borders and our sovereignty and our judges.......oh hang on, not quite. It will soon be forgotten by mainland Britain and
Risshi will be getting his P45. That said he was far more sensible and amenable to negotations than BJ who just signed up to any old deal to make sure his turkey didn't burn.

Blup

Is that why labour are backing it then?
They are backing it, because they want the Kudos of being part of the team that "fixed" Brexit or "forced" the govt to fix it. No doubt blaming the Tories for the problem to start.

Labour can’t really not support a deal which rather matches their policy.

I know it is an "if", but if any opposition could ultimately point to a significant share of the incumbent government's policies as actually being those of the opposition, this could be used at election time by that opposition.

Along the lines of "Why vote for them, when it has been us all along?"

They are backing it, because they want the Kudos of being part of the team that "fixed" Brexit or "forced" the govt to fix it. No doubt blaming the Tories for the problem to start.
It was mostly their fault.

It was a Tory government that called the referendum, was in power through negotiations and since.

A party with a huge majority complaining that the minority party caused problems is pretty absurd.

Labour are backing it as it's clearly the best option available and it will wind up the swivel eyed loons in the ERG.

So nothing to do with the stance of those on the otherside of the table, then?

I know it is an "if", but if any opposition could ultimately point to a significant share of the incumbent government's policies as actually being those of the opposition, this could be used at election time by that opposition.

Along the lines of "Why vote for them, when it has been us all along?"
In general, Labour don’t really have much in the way of policies, their current strategy is to avoid Tory attacks / traps…..which leaves Tory party to destroy itself, which it’s doing rather well.

Regarding Labours EU policy its mostly built around dynamic alignment, especially an agrifood agreement, that would reduce checks both GB-NI and UK-EU

I don’t see Conservatives doing that.

Despite all the rhetoric about Labour being a Zillion points ahead, come the GE Labour will struggle to get a working majority.

Tories were the problem to start.

Boris Johnson privately told the ERG if they voted for the deal, he would ditch it later on…..and so weve had 3 years of sabre rattling BS just so Tory party can finally agree a deal that basically says they will comply with the Protocol they negotiated.

In general, Labour don’t really have much in the way of policies, their current strategy is to avoid Tory attacks / traps…..which leaves Tory party to destroy itself, which it’s doing rather well.

Regarding Labours EU policy its mostly built around dynamic alignment, especially an agrifood agreement, that would reduce checks both GB-NI and UK-EU

I don’t see Conservatives doing that.

Despite all the rhetoric about Labour being a Zillion points ahead, come the GE Labour will struggle to get a working majority.
I don't think they will. I think Labour will win the next election with enough of a majority to make government function, unless Sunak is able to produce some more rabbits out of the hat.

At least with Starmer in charge, Labour is moving back to the centre, so i'm considerably less concerned about a Starmer Labour government than i have been for a long time.

Sponsored Links
Back