NI Protocol - Windsor Framework

Sponsored Links
The EU attitude to the UK has altered since this ukraine caper in particular the smaller EU nations (?)
No two ways about it

Having to rely on the french and German brown nosers

Yeah right

The EU attitude to the UK has altered since this ukraine caper in particular the smaller EU nations (?)
No two ways about it

Having to rely on the french and German brown nosers

Yeah right
I think it's more towards USA than us. We just happen to be in the pocket of the usa. But we need to be, especially now

Sponsored Links
. As far as I can see, the only way to satisfy all of these in full, would be for the EU to completely ignore/forget that they have a land border with Northern Ireland
The EU land border is between Ulster and the Irish Republic, so therefor that is where any customs posts should be.
All this crap about non EU goods leaking into EU territory is just nonsense.
The EU has 1000's of miles of land border with other non EU states but it doesn't demand the right to interfere in the internal affairs of those states.

Last edited:
your dishonesty knows no bounds

They helped engineered Brexit, of course they are the problem.
So you believe anyone who makes a political choice with which you disagree deserves to be punished.
You are a lot more "Europeanised" than i previously believed.
I think it's more towards USA than us. We just happen to be in the pocket of the usa. But we need to be, especially now
If it wasn't for the Putins invasion, the UK would be in a full scale trade war with the EU.
Once again Russia has saved Britain from European tyranny.

The EU land border is between Ulster and the Irish Republic, so therefor that is where any customs posts should be.

That would be a "hard border". I was really asking if you knew what the DUP's proposals are. I know they have said publicly they don't want a hard border.

That would be a "hard border". I was really asking if you knew what the DUP's proposals are. I know they have said publicly they don't want a hard border.
Correct, the DUP don't want a hard border.
It is the EU who are demanding border checks, if they are concerned about non EU goods leaking into their own territory, then they can erect border controls on their own territory.
That is how the system works in most other countries.

It is the EU who are demanding border checks, if they are concerned about non EU goods leaking into their own territory, then they can erect border controls on their own territory.
That's still a hard border. It doesn't matter which side of the line it is on.

They want to have their cake and eat it, and also eat the EUs cake.

Define a" hard border"
Is the Irish sea border a hard border?

I would say the customs checks on the Irish Sea are a hard border. But the stated aim all along has been to avoid a hard border, on the land border, between Northern Ireland and the Republic.

The DUP say publicly they want to avoid a hard border. It wouldn't actually matter who erects border controls, the border would still be a fact. I'm still interested if you know what the DUP's proposals are which would avoid this. Don't worry if you don't, or if you don't feel able to answer. I know it might be difficult, because I can't remember them actually making any suggestions or proposals.

On a related point, I've often wondered whether it is possible that some Unionists would actually welcome a hard border? I was hoping you might have some insight.

Sponsored Links
Back