Non British Gas advice please re Boiler Pressure Relief Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nickso - BG term internal termination of PRVs AR. No-one else does, certainly not in industry unsafe sits and not in gsiur.
Here's the deal pablo, the prv is a safety device full stop. I've ID'd a chb because it wouldn't blow the pressure out, which was the correct thing to do. You must remember it's a safety device, play safe!!

Sponsored Links
Yep that well trained they dont know the difference between water regs and gas regs .
Suggest you actually read the books and dont go by what you are told in team briefs

Ask BG to point out the bit in the GSIUR that talks about PRV terminations. You can't use the Unsafe Situation Procedure for Building Regulation or Water Regulation infringements regardless of how dangerous someone thinks it is/isn't.
I wonder what a BG engineer would do to an unvented with capped tprv? maybe slap an ID sticker on it? cap the water supply :LOL:

What exactly would you know? you're a fool, you've just proved it with a childish statement right there. Funny how you seem to quote the regs but conveniently forget it's a safety device...you do know that don't you?
You can't just go round carte blanc making wild statements against the best trained engineers in the country.

Get a grip son, best trained engineers in the country???! Fecking best parts changers in the country, that spend their days with their probe up some old dear flue!! You are having a laff mate??

Just because one is highly trained doesn't necessarily mean one is any good :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Nickso - BG term internal termination of PRVs AR. No-one else does, certainly not in industry unsafe sits and not in gsiur.
Here's the deal pablo, the prv is a safety device full stop. I've ID'd a chb because it wouldn't blow the pressure out, which was the correct thing to do. You must remember it's a safety device, play safe!!

Think you'll find that your wrong on that as well.

A chb that won't blow water out the prv is the same as a chb with effectively no PRV(on a sealed system of course)......unsafe sits is AT RISK

Unfortunately for the decent folk like nickso,petit etc it's BG muppets like this one wrongly turning things off that give you guys a bad name at BG.

Maybe the best trained engineer should go for more training.

Lee

Im assuming you dont know im BG too.

Safety device or not is irrelevant, ID, AR etc are for gas. PRVs are not part of the gas train. They can only be fitted not to MI's. Im fully aware what the powers at BG want us to do and i play the game as i have a mortgage to pay.

Your also seem blissfully unaware that mickyg was BG and a TSM. He probably knows more on the ways of BG than most here.

So, briefly returning to simple English for the op who has probably decided to get someone in to do the work anyway, has anyone actually got any further advice for her other than sporadically stated?

Interesting reading on a Monday morning, I didn't realise it would cause such a debate and even more confusion for me :LOL:

Ask BG to point out the bit in the GSIUR that talks about PRV terminations. You can't use the Unsafe Situation Procedure for Building Regulation or Water Regulation infringements regardless of how dangerous someone thinks it is/isn't.
I wonder what a BG engineer would do to an unvented with capped tprv? maybe slap an ID sticker on it? cap the water supply :LOL:

What exactly would you know? you're a fool, you've just proved it with a childish statement right there. Funny how you seem to quote the regs but conveniently forget it's a safety device...you do know that don't you?
You can't just go round carte blanc making wild statements against the best trained engineers in the country.

Get a grip son, best trained engineers in the country???! f*****g best parts changers in the country, that spend their days with their probe up some old dear flue!! You are having a laff mate??
like I'd take advice from a man in a dress...lol!

Blooflame";p="2158040 said:
The engineer was covering for the clearly blind engineers that have visitedpreviously, this doesn't really matter one way or another to you, you should never actually have come on contract with that status. If you're not happy you should find an alternative company.
Is that official BG speak . I`ll remember that when a gasman comes on contract to my boiler - I`ll check his status , and his white stick :mrgreen:

Get a grip son, best trained engineers in the country???! f*****g best parts changers in the country, that spend their days with their probe up some old dear's flue!! You are having a laff mate??
like I'd take advice from a man in a dress...lol!

You know I had to think about your comment........ :LOL: :LOL:
You BG CPS have such a razor sharp wit.
In fairness, there's good & bad guys everywhere, and a large company like BG is going to promote only the good guys. So if you've been there 20 years & you're still sticking your probe up flues all day, you must be a bit of a thiicko............ :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back