Non British Gas advice please re Boiler Pressure Relief Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
And BG shares to look after :LOL: Do you ever work after 4pm on a daily basis :LOL:

Finishing at 4pm would be a dream. With GPS trackers on the vans, the days of getting your work done early and heading off home are long gone.

I see blooflame skipped over my post in favour of flaming deltaT2

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
And BG shares to look after :LOL: Do you ever work after 4pm on a daily basis :LOL:

Finishing at 4pm would be a dream. With GPS trackers on the vans, the days of getting your work done early and heading off home are long gone.

Aye, I did hear you BG guys like to get over each other;

What's Blue & sleeps two??
A BG Kangoo!!!

See he missed my bit about ID' ing a boiler that wasn't justified.

Sponsored Links

Aye, I did hear you BG guys like to get over each other;

What's Blue & sleeps two??
A BG Kangoo!!!

Most BG kangoo's will be driven by independants now. :LOL:

Blooflame does appear to have the posting ability of agile.

As the boiler is a Vaillant ( model ?? ) ask them & get the response in writing ?? if u do ? come back & tell us what they say !!!!!!!!

It would be best for all that the customer sought another company. See how they get on when it breaks down
Having watched BG technicians "fix" my parents boiler time after time - when some of the faults were due to them not doing previous repairs or servicing properly - I'd not expect anyone else (if they are competent) to be any worse.
Seeing as I've opened a can of worms I think I will get someone else in :LOL:
That tends to happen on here !

As a fellow landlord, I'd say yes - go and get a second opinion from someone you trust. TBH I'm surprised you're using BG as they charge so much for rented properties. I'm paying £15/mo for a service plan with a local outfit - big enough to cope, small enough that I can go round and "discuss things" directly with the service manager if I need to. I've had no problems with their guys trying the "spook a granny" (I like that description) sales technique either.

As it is, the house I've just bought has a BG boiler change about 6 years ago IIRC. In the pack of paperwork I got with the house are various old documents, and hey presto - there's a service report with "NCS", followed a few months later by an expensive boiler change :rolleyes: Thing is, I also have a flat next door with the same model of boiler that was in the house, and I cannot think of anything that was likely to be NCS at all. So the service guy earned his spook a granny points that visit :evil:

As it is, the house I've just bought has a BG boiler change about 6 years ago IIRC. In the pack of paperwork I got with the house are various old documents, and hey presto - there's a service report with "NCS", followed a few months later by an expensive boiler change :rolleyes: Thing is, I also have a flat next door with the same model of boiler that was in the house, and I cannot think of anything that was likely to be NCS at all. So the service guy earned his spook a granny points that visit :evil:

Being a landlord qualifies you to make judgements on a boiler thats not even fitted does it?

Why do landlords always think they know best?

Being a landlord qualifies you to make judgements on a boiler thats not even fitted does it?

Actually the answer to that is YES - not because I'm a landlord, but because I know the properties. The house and the flat were built at the same time, using the same model boiler, and almost certainly done by the same plumber (and sparky, I've issues with him as well).
So based on what I know, I am quite confident about how the original boiler would have been fitted - and fairly certain that anything NCS as pointed out in the BG service report would have been very minor at worst, certainly nothing to justify a new boiler.

Edit: the service report didn't say what was considered NCS.

Actually the answer to that is YES - not because I'm a landlord, but because I know the properties. The house and the flat were built at the same time, using the same model boiler, and almost certainly done by the same plumber (and sparky, I've issues with him as well).
So based on what I know, I am quite confident about how the original boiler would have been fitted - and fairly certain that anything NCS as pointed out in the BG service report would have been very minor at worst, certainly nothing to justify a new boiler.

Edit: the service report didn't say what was considered NCS.

What was the original boiler and what was it replaced with? What was the NCS for?

Interesting reading on a Monday morning, I didn't realise it would cause such a debate and even more confusion for me :LOL:
Well thats because you chose not to accept advice from a BG engineer. Hopefully you accept my advice and move on to another company because you don't have confidence in this one.

Ask BG to point out the bit in the GSIUR that talks about PRV terminations. You can't use the Unsafe Situation Procedure for Building Regulation or Water Regulation infringements regardless of how dangerous someone thinks it is/isn't.
I wonder what a BG engineer would do to an unvented with capped tprv? maybe slap an ID sticker on it? cap the water supply :LOL:

What exactly would you know? you're a fool, you've just proved it with a childish statement right there. Funny how you seem to quote the regs but conveniently forget it's a safety device...you do know that don't you?
You can't just go round carte blanc making wild statements against the best trained engineers in the country.
Well I used to train people like you and put all your problems right as well dealing with all the complaints narrow minded one trick ponies like yourself created. Its funny how you think a pipe is a safety device, and a gas one at that. I don't blame you of course, quite obviously like me, its likely your first experience of this industry was a BG apprenticeship and since then everything you know about the industry and regulation is what you get spoonfed by BG. Luckily for the likes of me and people like petit_pablo, I'm a little sceptical of what people tell me and very inquisitive. I've decided to read and understand the actual regulations to which we work, thats not BG Operational Procedures you might be surprised to learn. I've also long since left and varied my career before settling as an independant, where I have no company influence telling me how I should deal with a situation instead I have the freedom to use the facts to make an engineering judgement, a luxury you rarely have.
Its a shame, rather than recognise your unbelievable ignorance you've decided to attack anyone with a contrasting view to that you've been spoonfed at the team brief by clueless senior management. Believe me I've been in meetings with the type of people that make the BG "rules" and they aren't the clued up people you would have hoped or expected to be, and quite amazing the carp they come out with sometimes thinking they're above any industry regulation.
Carry on being an ignorant BG parts changer, some of your learned colleagues will be laughing at you behind your back, although i suspect they won't stay forever unless they're waiting for pension day.

that would be 2 pegs in my reckoning, but then again this poor landlady needs him to be there and tell her as none of us in the real world know how to or what to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back