Non-Makita pruners?

Sponsored Links
I've just ordered the bosch ones for the father inlaw so I can let you know how they perform when they arrive.
make sure you register it with bosch for the extended gtee before you use it to check iff its fake so you can send it back

I own enough bosch power tools to know if its genuine or not, but your right I always register the tools for the extended warrantee.

I've just ordered the bosch ones for the father inlaw so I can let you know how they perform when they arrive.
Whereas I just pulled the trigger (pardon the pun) on the Bangood one.
Will also let you know how it goes.

Sponsored Links
note the "for makita"--so not makita ??
One would have to be a bit simple to think that's a Makita pruner. It's not as if they are misrepresenting anything and it doesn't say Makita on it. The brand is clearly Bravobro.

There are now a huge number of these devices that are not made by Makita connecting to Makita-compatible batteries. Mellif is one example. I have the glue gun which has been in regular use for the last two years:
It has a rubberised handle... with decent rubber. The quality is almost at the Makita level, all for a crazy £27.

Well the bosch one arrived.
Its cutting capacity is 25mm as that is the size of the jaws 10.8v system
Tried to add a picture but failed ever since the last upgrade!

The Bravobro also arrived, took just 9 days. Already got me in trouble with the other half for making a mess in the garden, chopping stuff up with this thing is addictive, will save me so much time over using the loppers. I think I may buy another set at that price just to have on standby in case these fail.

really pleased, your both happy
Please remember to report back after loads off use and still going strong or to failure so others can learn from your experiences

really pleased, your both happy
Please remember to report back after loads off use and still going strong or to failure so others can learn from your experiences
Probably a little early to tell, but hit the leylandii in a big way today. 3-400 cuts from 5mm up to about 30mm. It takes a few goes to get through the big branches, if you keep pulling the trigger repeatedly it often gets through. The thing heated up a bit but not much. I followed the advice of one youtuber who said never twist just move the handle up and down when it gets stuck. Looks like new so far. The only downside to this device is that the weight of the Makita 3AH battery makes it bottom-heavy so I found myself sometimes wielding it 2-handed with one hand under the battery. I'm considering to get a makita 18v battery extension with belt-clip to see if that helps, of course with the cable connected it may add to the hassle of using it. So long as you take regular breaks to clear down what you've cut I don't think this is such a big deal, and using it 2-handed may reduce the chance of pruning your fingers!

Running reviews are very worthwhile, especially if it can pay for its self in a few uses and well worth doing

many an occasion where a lead system placing around half the weight off a tool on a belt or suspended elsewhere can be a life saver but only mak at present have this option :unsure:

Indeed, there are various ones cropping up on aliexpress for instance
However none on Banggood, which I consider a slightly up-market version of Ali. The quality looks a bit dubious. I'd expect a more substantial grommet arrangement on the cable. Obviously with something on a belt-clip the grommet has to be top notch, even better than for a corded power tool IMHO. Once 3rd party kit is looking a bit more like this:
Then perhaps I'll bite.

Makita seem massively over priced, have got dewalt and milwaukee gear and happy with both. I would personally try the Milwaukee.

Indeed, there are various ones cropping up on aliexpress for instance
However none on Banggood, which I consider a slightly up-market version of Ali. The quality looks a bit dubious. I'd expect a more substantial grommet arrangement on the cable. Obviously with something on a belt-clip the grommet has to be top notch, even better than for a corded power tool IMHO. Once 3rd party kit is looking a bit more like this:
Then perhaps I'll bite.
Is the 40v you linked to going to be compatible with what you have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back