Old Conservatives don't understand

I think the state of the country just shows what inept and incompetent government we have had over the last 50 years, whatever the colour of their ties.

Sponsored Links
You don’t know commercial property has a better return ?
I don't know of houses being sold outside of RTB.

On commercials, I know that some are loss making with charities as tenants who are on a peppercorn rent (within HA's.). And I know of some that have been sold off because they have never generated a profit. So, no, I don't agree that just because they are commercial they generate more profit.

More assets to be sold.

It just proves councils can’t run a tap.
No, your last two links show they are skint and looking for money by selling off assets (not housing).

Sponsored Links
No, your last two links show they are skint and looking for money by selling off assets (not housing).
They’ve sold all the housing now!

The remaining tenants are happy paying a low rent.

I don't agree that just because they are commercial the generate more profit.
You wouldn’t do though, then you’d have to agree work me!

There’s a lot more articles out there too!

Which goes to prove the council cant run a property business!!

You wouldn’t do though, then you’d have to agree work me!

There’s a lot more articles out there too!

Which goes to prove the council cant run a property business!!
Councils shouldnt be running business, they should be running councils.

Renting out and maintaining, and acquiring more council houses should be part of that. Why have they been forced to sell their stock, and struggle to replace.

Why have they sold the houses is the question you keep avoiding, other than accusing councils of poor business. Has it escaped your notice just how many councils are in financial trouble? 1 or 2 you could argue it's just poor management, but with lots more you have to accept there is an underlying issue. Most in here are aware of it.

Owning their own houses would have allieviated many of the problems, they now have to pay out substantially more just to achieve the same result.

yep you cant beat the intelligence of local councils ours was part of a court case about how bad some new builds where.
And while it was going on what did they do , bought homes worth over 1 million quid off them in total

You don’t know commercial property has a better return ?

Sometimes.

And sometimes not.

Look at the blue lines

(At the bottom of the charts)

chrome_screenshot_21 Feb 2024 23_30_41 GMT.png

chrome_screenshot_21 Feb 2024 23_34_05 GMT.png

The seemingly high yields reflect that the value of the asset has dropped.
I’m not sure what that means.

All I know is commercial property is a very good asset. Councils are cash strapped and have no choice but to sell off.

It all points to poor management and wasting money.

More assets to be sold.

It just proves councils can’t run a tap.
It does not prove that.

All it shows is your inability to look at the reasons.

Interesting how claim not to be right wing, yet here you are with tribal support for the Tories

The real reason is cuts to central government grants due to Tory austerity policy.

“The fall in spending power is largely because of reductions in central government grants. These grants were cut by 40% in real terms between 2009/10 and 2019/20, from £46.5bn to £28.0bn (2023/24 prices)”

Councils are cash strapped and have no choice but to sell off.

It all points to poor management and wasting money.
WRONG

If your income was cut by 40%, when you couldn’t pay the bills would you complain to yourself it’s because you arent managing your money well?

Wat a muppet :ROFLMAO:

The reason is this:

“The fall in spending power is largely because of reductions in central government grants. These grants were cut by 40% in real terms between 2009/10 and 2019/20, from £46.5bn to £28.0bn (2023/24 prices)”

Sponsored Links
Back