Old Conservatives don't understand

WRONG

If your income was cut by 40%, when you couldn’t pay the bills would you complain to yourself it’s because you arent managing your money well?

Wat a muppet :ROFLMAO:

The reason is this:

“The fall in spending power is largely because of reductions in central government grants. These grants were cut by 40% in real terms between 2009/10 and 2019/20, from £46.5bn to £28.0bn (2023/24 prices)”
A quick glance and it looks like most of the money was wasted on Covid!

Notch the poor loser, has to be rude and spout lies Again!

It just shows you’re lack of intelligence.

MB owned you too lol.

Sponsored Links
Interesting how claim not to be right wing, yet here you are with tribal support for the Tories
There’s no support from me anywhere. I’m simply saying councils are useless, waste cash on outsourced work and can’t run a business.

Some will say it’s not a business, but it is.

I’m not even sure what your point is now. You can’t grasp what a private landlord vs a none profit organisation is.

MB owned you too lol.
dont forget his knowledge is based on in depth research .
He has had a quote and a chat from a plumber and now he is an expert on heating and giving advise in the plumbing section
Is he a modern day joe 90 sticks his specs on next minute he can fly a jet ;)

budgets were cut before covid

Between 2010 and 2018 local government took the brunt of austerity, with councils seeing their budgets halved.

poor NWGS gets destroyed by facts -see above

MB owned you too lol.
MB stupidly tried to claim "most businesses rely on increasing sale price during manufacture"

all he has achieved is own himself

Sponsored Links
He has had a quote and a chat from a plumber and now he is an expert on heating and giving advise in the plumbing section
oh look its gas112, the chap who thoroughly believes in the benefits of property ownership....but not for councils, oh no Sir its bad for them

by the way, its an open forum, I can give advice where I want, you are welcome to point out any errors...oh thats right, you havent found any

oh look its gas112, the chap who thoroughly believes in the benefits of property ownership....but not for councils, oh no Sir its bad for them

by the way, its an open forum, I can give advice where I want, you are welcome to point out any errors...oh thats right, you havent found any
too busy laughing at your comments to correct them obvious you are just a parrot .
and as usual i will ask politely please put a link to any comment that i have said councils shouldnt own houses and rent them out .
Oh yep billy bullshyte wont be able to you certainly struggle putting your brain in gear before typing

budgets were cut before covid

Between 2010 and 2018 local government took the brunt of austerity, with councils seeing their budgets halved.

MB stupidly tried to claim "most businesses rely on increasing sale price during manufacture"

all he has achieved is own himself
I was referring to MB proving you wrong about private landlords.

You really are throwing your arms around now

I’m really only interested in the private landlord issue, or was as we are all laughing at you now.

The other poll is taking the pee out you!! Ffs me and the OP laughed before you landed you clown

I really struggle with accounting, so please bear with me. Using your example of an average new build house which costs £139K to build but has a market value of £320K. Are they saying the maximum discount would be 70% of £320K. So that is £224K maximum discount. But this is subject to an absolute limit of £96K in England and £127.9K in London?
Its not accounting, it’s the rules for right to buy. You are correct there are caps on the allowance. These are linked to CPI which is why in my 15 year plan worked example I applied an annual uplift.

Some here try to convince you that a person can get a 70% discount on a £499k house. They are lying. They also try to imply that a person can acquire a right on various properties and then flip to a new build and instantly get the max discount. Again they ignore the rules.

In addition the landlord has the right to deduct his cost of build and maintenance.

gas112 comments on the general discussion, but knows nothing about it
so thats a no to putting any quote up .
Glad we cleared that one up .
What time of days does your brain semi kick in ?

Thanks for the article. It doesn't seem to be talking about houses, though, as far as I can see. It says councils have been selling off other public assets, to cover cuts in central government funding. But not houses.

As regards social housing, I've brushed up on some figures. In 1980 there were 6.5 million social homes. Of these, 2 million have been sold under RTB. Now there are 4.5 million. There hasn't been the massive, voluntary sell off of millions of social homes which you mention. If just one million had been sold at full price to developers, that would easily have brought in £100 billion.

Building new social housing has been very difficult since 1980, due to restrictions from central government. That is why the stock is broadly the same now as it was back then (when you knock off the 2 million sold under RTB).
The sold houses don’t disappear. Every buyer is one less demand on the system.

There’s no support from me anywhere. I’m simply saying councils are useless, waste cash on outsourced work and can’t run a business
ha ha ha ha

you dishonestly tried to claim council are useless because they are having to sell assets to fund budgets, when the truth is that it has been caused by budgetary cuts

what do you mean they waste cash on outsourced work: public tendering was introduced by the Tories which you clearly support (especially your hero Boris)

I’m really only interested in the private landlord issue, or was as we are all laughing at you now.

The other poll is taking the pee out you!! Ffs me and the OP laughed before you landed you clown
the other poll is taking the pizz out of you, you havent read the title and understood

Come on NWGS answer this:

A) a housing association classed as a public landlord

or

B) is a housing association classed as a private landlord

I’m not sure what that means.

All I know is commercial property is a very good asset. Councils are cash strapped and have no choice but to sell off.

It all points to poor management and wasting money.
His charts are irrelevant. The performance of one company that holds commercial property proves nothing.

Small scale commercial office lets are hugely more profitable than residential lets because the business model is entirely different. I own a lease on a property with 12 offices and some desks.

The lease is significantly lower than a residential lease and is much much longer. There is limited statutory protection for a business that stops paying its rent. However, the big players are tanking because people no longer want flagship offices for their staff. They just want the basic function. So there is a move downwards.

Sponsored Links
Back